AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone care to share what type of fonts they are using to make their own mylars?

I have made a couple of my own (mylars) but the fonts just don't look as good as what I have seen from some of you.

I would like to make a "Now Showing" and also one with my theatre name but just can't get it right. :(

Thanks for any assistance.:)

· Registered
54 Posts
I did a google on "free fonts" and found several sources to download free fonts. I found, among other things, one called Chiller that is good for horror movies and one called Adventure that looks like the Indiana Jones font. There was one called Hotter Potter ( I think) that looked like the Harry Potter font and one called Wire that reminded be of an old Western. I must have downloaded 75 fonts.

Then the next issue is how to pick which font to use. I hated to have to scroll through each font and sample it to see if I liked it. A friend of mine told me about a program called FontPage. You can find it at http://bluefive.pair.com/free95.htm . It is freeware that easily lets you print off a sample of all of your fonts. I keep this printout in a notebook and skim through it when I am looking for a particular font.

I like PlakataEFBold Condensed font 48 pt for the ratings. I like Font Fever for small print things like "All Rights Reserved" kind of stuff. Font fever has glyphs that easily let you insert things like TM and copyright symbols.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! :)

I am still looking for a font for my theatre name so if anyone else would like to add input it would greatly be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.