AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience with lamp replacement through myprojectorlamps.com? They seem to be a new advertiser here on the forum so I'm hoping they are legit.

I need to replace a lamp in a Sharp xvz12000u markII. Most of the OEM sites have it for $450-$550. I'm seeing a lot of the sites that use cheap lamps from China selling the assembly for about $180.

Myprojectorlamps.com seems to be in between ($270ish) and claims that they are not Chinese made.

Any reviews or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroder /forum/post/20854850

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience with lamp replacement through myprojectorlamps.com? They seem to be a new advertiser here on the forum so I'm hoping they are legit.

I need to replace a lamp in a Sharp xvz12000u markII. Most of the OEM sites have it for $450-$550. I'm seeing a lot of the sites that use cheap lamps from China selling the assembly for about $180.

Myprojectorlamps.com seems to be in between ($270ish) and claims that they are not Chinese made.

Any reviews or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

I Googled Myprojectorlamp and Pureland Supply. Pureland had the better reviews (that I read) although neither company looked like a problem. I am also looking for a bulb. I have done business with Pureland. I had to send a defective bulb back which was a pain but Pureland was very cooperative once I talked to the right person. I do feel that AVS screens there advertisers and would not let them advertise if there were repeated problems with a company's products or service. I have purchased a projector, bulbs and warranties through this site and have always been able to resolve any problems. Good luck! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well, I decided to give them a try. It shipped right after I ordered it. They sent a tracking #. Received it yesterday. Packaging was okay, not great. Got the full module, not just the bare lamp. Fit in perfect but the screws were the wrong size (no big deal because I had the screws from the lamp I removed.). Fired it up with no problems and it throws a very bright image like it's supposed to. There was about an hour of what smelled like something burning that made me kind of nervous, but it went away.

Now we'll just have to wait and see if it lasts like my last OEM lamps did. My pj is rated for 2000 hrs which takes me about 1 1/2 years to do. This is my 3rd lamp replacement for this pj. If it doesn't last, it's time for an upgrade
!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I would strongly advise you check the projector. There was a poster in another forum who used a "compatible" lamp and smelled burning. When he opened the projector, his optics were melted. The "compatible" was too hot. Now he's looking at a repair bill.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm...Good point. After reading your reply, I called myprojectorlamps.com and they said that I should take out the lamp and inspect that there is nothing in the slot for the lamp that is burning. They said they would do an exchange.

I thought maybe there was some glue or epoxy used in assembling the lamp, but I don't remember any burning smell from the OEM lamps I've used before

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Well, I decided to give them a try. It shipped right after I ordered it. They sent a tracking #. Received it yesterday. Packaging was okay, not great. Got the full module, not just the bare lamp. Fit in perfect but the screws were the wrong size (no big deal because I had the screws from the lamp I removed.). Fired it up with no problems and it throws a very bright image like it's supposed to. There was about an hour of what smelled like something burning that made me kind of nervous, but it went away.

Now we'll just have to wait and see if it lasts like my last OEM lamps did. My pj is rated for 2000 hrs which takes me about 1 1/2 years to do. This is my 3rd lamp replacement for this pj. If it doesn't last, it's time for an upgrade
!
How did this hold up long term?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.