AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't think its a financial issue - its probably just a network/server issue. DNNA is probably cleaning up the network and consolidating servers and trying to get rid of all things SB.

Anyone notice that sonicblue.com is registered to DNNA now? Thought they only bought ReplayTV and RIO. Also, all the web addresses point to the same server at IP 209.10.223.214 ---- so www.replaytv.com and what you are forwarded to is the same server, same with rioaudio and sonicblue --- probably DNNA trying to get some corporate recognition.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Well, I assume (as a network guy) that they spent the $50 (or whatever) to get the domain (1) because some servers somewhere in the pile may use it and (2) so no one else could get it.

They could just use virtual servers on one box, but then you are in the single point of failure zone... :)

(And, LB's post should have had the flag on it... :) )

·
Registered
97 Posts
Myreplaytv.com now says they expect to be back up on the 30th...

I wonder what all the potential buyers who read about the service on the main website and click-through are going to think about that?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
They say maintenance, but I wonder if they are doing any updates. Like changing the terminology to match the 5.0 software versions.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:
They say maintenance, but I wonder if they are doing any updates. Like changing the terminology to match the 5.0 software versions.
NOBODY running any size site does a maintenance patch like that... First, you do everything on a dev server, then test, and then deploy. The user will only notice downtime of a couple of seconds for the best case scenario, up to maybe an hour if you take 30 minutes getting your coffee...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rkramer
NOBODY running any size site does a maintenance patch like that... First, you do everything on a dev server, then test, and then deploy. The user will only notice downtime of a couple of seconds for the best case scenario, up to maybe an hour if you take 30 minutes getting your coffee...
As long as we're speculating, maybe the old server guys got laid off or fired or quit, and the new crew (in India? :) ) can't get everything working properly.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rkramer
We already know that Replay operates Beta testing servers for guide data etc, so it stands to reason that they would have staging servers for Web based systems as well.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Happening as it did, and the time delay until the page went up, it's probably what we IT folks call 'unscheduled maintenance'. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is definately unscheduled maintenance -- we had some weird hardware failures.

There is a chance it will be up sooner than the 30th, but we wanted to set expectations correctly.

I wish this were the project to adjust terminology, but it's not.

-RB

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could this be the cause of why I couldn't setup my ReplayTV to connect via ethernet when I switched from modem my original setting? Keeps saying there's was a problem connecting to the replayTv service.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think the myreplaytv.com servers finally received the 110 update :)

Petey

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
MRTV being down would not stop any RTV from connecting or updating via net connect. As for the 'hacker', there's another post here somewhere about a disk failure.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
That's on a par with 'it'll be out in September' and you ask, which September, the Salesman's (1st of the month), or programmer's (end of the month)... :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leesweet
MRTV being down would not stop any RTV from connecting or updating via net connect. As for the 'hacker', there's another post here somewhere about a disk failure.
New hard drive, restore from nightly backup & Chucky has a woody! what's the delay?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chemguy
At least they didn't say it would be up Q1'03...
Well, September 30th is the last day of Q3'03....

OTOH, my employer uses July 1st as the start of its fiscal year...so September 30th is the last day of Q1.....

The Dreamer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.