AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I logged into MYREPLAYTV.COM. I was surprised to see a lot of shows having been recorded (mainly food shows) that I never would have recorded.

Within seconds ( okay, I want to sound really bright here ) I realized that I had logged into my account for a 3060 unit that I had returned.

If REPLAYTV.COM is reading this, before re-furbing a unit you may wish to clear out the serial number from the user accounts.

Luckily for this individual I have no interest in causing problems.

BTW, my login is "DOCTORWHO" and "THEMASTER." Both of these refered to the returned unit. I got two accounts because I had somehow ( It's not my faultm, honest ) had forgotten my password. The rest you all now too well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Perhaps someone at MYREPLAYTV.COM will notice this but I returned a unit (3060), they refurb'ed it, they sold it, and I can still log on and access and delete the user's shows!!!

I won't do this as am not an a-hole, but is this a bit lame on ReplayTV's behalf not to remove refurb's serial numbers from the website?:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my ShowStopper. I saw some mention about registering, but I haven't yet.

Is there a pressing reason to register? Like, will my updates stop coming if I don't? What are the benefits if I do, and the harm if I don't?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think there is a pressing reason to register but I think the service will send you messages to register for a while.

The main benefit is then you can actually use www.myreplaytv.com to program your unit, which allows a somewhat larger display of shows on one web page than the TV guide. But it is still slow.

SAY DOES ANYBODY KNOW if you can use www.myreplaytv.com to program 2 Showstoppers? I registered both but I only see listings for the first one...

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
After I sold Replay a few months ago, I realized that I could still log in and potentially mess the new owner's setup pretty bad.

Anyway, I've decided the risk isn't worth it. I just sent an email to the mrtv people:

I'd like to cancel the myreplaytv service for these serial numbers:

xxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx--xxx

xxxxx-xxx-xx-x-x-x-x-x

I purchased all of them used and don't want the original owner to be able to delete my shows! Please let me know when all of these accounts have been deleted.

Thank you,

Randy xxxx

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
WOW. What service. I just got an email response. Or rather, a blank email with the same subject as the email I sent. Just a ReplaytTV signature in the email. Lyndon Allydice.

And only about a month to get it. Wow. Very impressed. Wonder how long it takes to receive an email with words in it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.