AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i'm about to buy my first HDTV, 32", its primary use will be to play xbox360 through composite cables and watch 720p and 1080p movies from my PC through HDMI (i'm not using it as my primary monitor, only for movies). So i'm looking for little input lag.

I found those 2 TV's in a reasonable price in my country, though i can get the LG 32lk450 $70-$115 cheaper than the samsung one (depends if i catch a sale)

I may also need to play videos through the USB socket, I tested the LN32d550 with a pendrive with a .avi and a .mkv in it and it was ok, but the LG couldn't detect the videos (it reads "empty folder")

I could get also the 720p versions of both TV's (Samsung LN32d450 and LG 32lk330) but I figured that if i'm making the jump to HDTV, it would be better to get one with Full HD. Both could detect the videos in my pendrive without problems.

Also, about the "panel lottery", how can I tell if I got a good quality panel or a ****** one?

Besides, If I get super lucky in the sale, i may also get the 42" LG 42lk450 for half its normal price, though it couldn't detect the videos in my pendrive either and idk about its lag input or image quality.

So, that's it, what its your opinion?, which one should I buy?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I briefly had the previous LG model (32LD450), and while it has had great reviews for several factors, I found its black-level performance to be relatively poor (which may be a limitation of IPS LCD panels). Now, I have a Samsung LN32D550, which has fantastic black-level performance, and also has quite good viewing-angle performance (though still not as good as an IPS panel). My TV has a Samsung panel. After comparing it to the LG's IPS panel, I will take a little loss of off-angle performance for the stunning improvement in blacks any day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was trying to decide between the two sets as well, but then I saw the Sharp LC-40D68UT and Panasonic TC-L32U3/TC-L32E3, does anyone think any of these sets would be better by any chance?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim
Yep, that's exactly why I said "Samsung" above.

its nice to know the reasons, y'know?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusay /forum/post/20825714

its nice to know the reasons, y'know?

Yes, I do know. I also know that you didn't ask the reasons. In your original post (which you bumped twice before I was the only one who answered in link #4), you merely asked which one we would buy... so I told you. In your original post, you seemed to be bashing LG because of the things it WOULDN'T do, and it appeared the only reason you were considering LG was because it was cheaper. So, other than the fact that Samsung is the better panel between the two of them, it seemed like the answer was a "no-brainer" based on your post and you just wanted confirmation.

Then, in link #5 rather than saying "ok" you could have asked why I recommended Samsung and I would have told you. In fact, about the same time you posted your thread, someone else posted a thread asking essentially the same question. I answered that thread in more detail and even referred to your thread in my answer. If you had read that thread, you would have known why I recommended Samsung.

Then, after ChrisW6ATV gave you a good explanation of why Samsung was the better of the two in link #6 of this thread, and I agreed with him in link #7, you come back 11 hours later and chastise me instead of thanking Chris? Wow!

Good luck in your choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts