AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, don't blast me for this...but here is my question ..if I was to setup a ps3 to a reciever with hdmi, how would I get the video? I am sure this easily answered...I tried the search threads but it gets messy.

so here it is...ps3 with hdmi(out) to reciever hdmi(in) now what from the ps3 to my hdtv(which has hdmi)

thx in advance

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xombi /forum/post/0

alright, don't blast me for this...but here is my question ..if I was to setup a ps3 to a reciever with hdmi, how would I get the video? I am sure this easily answered...I tried the search threads but it gets messy.

so here it is...ps3 with hdmi(out) to reciever hdmi(in) now what from the ps3 to my hdtv(which has hdmi)

thx in advance

HDMI OUT on your receiver to the HDMI IN on your TV.

You may need to select the video source from your TV, as well as your receiver.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky /forum/post/0

HDMI OUT on your receiver to the HDMI IN on your TV.

You may need to select the video source from your TV, as well as your receiver.

okay, but where does the ps3 play a part in this?

do I plug the ps3 (hdmi) into the back of my tv(I have 2 hmdi ports)

·
Registered
630 Posts

Quote:

okay, but where does the ps3 play a part in this?

do I plug the ps3 (hdmi) into the back of my tv(I have 2 hmdi ports)

Plug the PS3 HDMI OUT to the Receiver HDMI IN. Then plug the Receiver HDMI OUT to the TV HDMI IN ( PS3 -> Receiver -> TV ). The video AND audio will be carried to the receiver and TV. There's no need to connect the PS3 to the Receiver and the TV.

·
Registered
630 Posts

Quote:

so this sounds like i need a reciever with (2) hdmi ports. one going in, and one going out!!

crazy!

Hard to imagine an HDMI receiver with an HDMI IN but no HDMI OUT, but I suppose it's possible. What model receiver are you using?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, i don't even have a reciever yet...in the research process now, I just wanna make sure I get something that will maximize the ps3s audio capabilities. I was trying to get a understanding of the hook-up between tv, ps3, and reciever..

·
Registered
630 Posts

Quote:

oh, i don't even have a reciever yet...in the research process now, I just wanna make sure I get something that will maximize the ps3s audio capabilities. I was trying to get a understanding of the hook-up between tv, ps3, and reciever..

Well there you have it. What receivers are you currently looking at?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.