AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm moving and don't want to mount my current crappy speakers, I'm looking to step up to something better. Can someone recommend a set for that price that will look good on my wall and sound ok in a large room? This is a house, so I want it to be pretty substantial sounding, I don't care about my neighbors' feelings at all!

Also, this might need its own thread, but do any decent receivers have a mic passthrough? or is that just not available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those are better than, say, the denon dht-590ba? that seems to get a lot of love around here and is the same price.

also, sorry, should have specified i need a 5.1 system since the room is only wired for that.

also, how do these systems stack up in an open room?

·
Registered
166 Posts
How about this:
Quote:
Newegg has the Klipsch HD 500 5.1 High Definition Theater System for $600 with free shipping. Add to cart, then enter code FREEGFT32A [Exp 3/7] to get the Onkyo 5.1-Channel Black Home Theater Receiver TX-SR507 free.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbadge /forum/post/18268447

How about this:
Quote:
Newegg has the Klipsch HD 500 5.1 High Definition Theater System for $600 with free shipping. Add to cart, then enter code FREEGFT32A [Exp 3/7] to get the Onkyo 5.1-Channel Black Home Theater Receiver TX-SR507 free.

Cheers!

It will suffer and sound extremely weak in a large open room 2.5" drivers fail in large rooms

·
Registered
166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/18269076

It will suffer and sound extremely weak in a large open room 2.5" drivers fail in large rooms

I don't know about the sound. I know the TX-SR507 costs $300 and the Klipsch HD 500 5.1 costs $600, so the whole package would normally costs $900. This deal saves $300, or a free Onkyo receiver. I guess this Klipsch set will fit a bedroom or a small living room

The deal is over by now anyway.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbadge /forum/post/18269209

I don't know about the sound. I know the TX-SR507 costs $300 and the Klipsch HD 500 5.1 costs $600, so the whole package would normally costs $900. This deal saves $300, or a free Onkyo receiver. I guess this Klipsch set will fit a bedroom or a small living room

The deal is over by now anyway.

Cheers!

So your making a decision based on price....That is a wrong thing to do especially when it comes to sound

And this isn't a small living room, it is a "large, open room"

·
Registered
166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/18278234

So your making a decision based on price....That is a wrong thing to do especially when it comes to sound

I overlooked that "large, open room" piece of information. My bad.

In fact, when I referred to your suggestion of the Onkyo HT-S6200 and HT-S7200, which are not bigger than the Klipsch speakers though the receiver are a little better than the TX-SR507, I thought a HTiB is good to go. That's why I mentioned the deal. Again, I do not make recommendation, since I have no idea how that package performs.

I believe sometimes we all must consider the budget. Only few people can just buy the best sounding system without sniffing their wallets. Some people might be able to wait, until some point in time, to have enough money to buy a relatively decent system. I have a limited budget, so I look for anything fits that budget. I want to have some music now, so I don't wait. That's why I buy a "relatively" decent system to enjoy some musics now, then I will save for a better system (if I still needed one) later.

Chances are you are tight to some sort of budget, too; and you might want a better system, but for now you stick with yours, until when you are financially allowed to shop for a (again, relatively) more decent system. My point is you already made some decisions based on price (or budget), too.

So, I make decision based on value: what I get for what I pay? I get some small and enjoy it now? or I get some big later? To me, some music now, which can cheer me up after some hard working and studying, is a big value!

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/18278234

Yeah, I guess being fiscally responsible is the oh-so-wrong thing to do? Come on, get real, any responsible person gets the best they can for the price they can afford. If you happen to be independently wealthy or irresponsible or price is of no object, great, have at it, get what you want... but if someone sets a budget from jump-street it's only polite to respect that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts