AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the bandwidths of the component video switching on the NAD 752 and NAD 762 receivers are suitable for high definition content (i.e., >50 MHz)? NAD doesn't specify this on their website...

·
Registered
414 Posts
The manuals says somthing like this "the component video switching caters for high res bandwidth" but figures aren't mentioned at all. If you search within this forum I think you will find some interesting posts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
30 MHz is below the minimum bandwidth recommended for hi-def content (which is at least 47 MHz). Why in the world isn't NAD introducing receivers with better switching? Even the cheaper receivers from most manufacturers are starting to offer it now...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I thought that HDTV had a maximum bandwidth of something like 28MHz. If it is flat to 30MHz, why wouldn't that be enough. BTW, I did ask a product designer about this a few weeks ago because they are raising the bandwidth on their product and he said it was because "it's a numbers game. People think the higher the better, so we have to play along even though that's not really the issue. We're doing it to make the product more sellable". It wasn't an NAD guy, but from another company. My NAD dealer did relay something to the effect that he had asked about this with NAD and he said the product designer was clearly frustrated by the constant demand for more than what is necessary to do the job well, apparently since it would add cost for no result. At least, that's what I've heard from my investigations.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I haven't used the component in, but I have seen posts within this forum saying that they have connected the NAD to an HDTV, and they did not see any degradation at all. I think that the manuals are quite clear that the component in within the T762/T752 are capable for high bandwidth throughput

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.