AVS Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 12144 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Subwoofer preout will work exactly the same in a 2.1 setup as it will in a 5.1, 7.1 etc setup. Your sub will play the bass below where you set your crossover in the speaker setup menu within the NAD.
Hope this helps “gramps”.
Thanks for the quick response!

That was far less humbling than my wife laughing at me having to take pictures of the back of devices so I can read them!
Anytime!!! That’s what we’re here for, to help in any way possible!!! Some members are far more knowledgeable than others but that’s how you learn 👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is the issue with the off-centered sound after Dirac calibration gone with the latest version 2.2? I have resetted my receiver to factory defaults prior to the calibration with software 2.2 so there are no "fragments" of an older software remaining.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
How come when selecting speaker settings it says front height or top height and then another option is “Dolby enabled height”?

I have 4 in ceiling speakers total. 2 45 degrees in front and 2 45 degrees behind.

What should I select for the speaker configuaratiln option for the NAD?

Front height is what it sounds like, and Top Front is the one you want to choose (and Top Rear). Dolby Enabled are for upfiring speakers

Is the issue with the off-centered sound after Dirac calibration gone with the latest version 2.2? I have resetted my receiver to factory defaults prior to the calibration with software 2.2 so there are no "fragments" of an older software remaining.

In theory, yes, as the latest version (2.2) is more recent than the build @bugal1998 had, but the only way to know for sure is to test it yourself (if you had the problem before)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Actually I don't really know :D.
I just wanted to make sure the issue does not occur with the latest version. Dirac set my left speaker 2 dB louder than the right one but this may be due to the right speaker standing in a corner and therefore playing louder than the left one. I am very satisfied with how it sounds so I guess I do not have any problems...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Actually I don't really know :D.
I just wanted to make sure the issue does not occur with the latest version. Dirac set my left speaker 2 dB louder than the right one but this may be due to the right speaker standing in a corner and therefore playing louder than the left one. I am very satisfied with how it sounds so I guess I do not have any problems...

Yup, corner loading is a real thing :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Quick update: Shortly after the above quoted post, Dirac contacted me to request additional information, and I agreed to assist with additional testing for them. Within about week- give or take- they identified the issue as something they believed could be address via software, and they were able to correct my systems off center imaging/out of sync impulse response with a new version of Dirac... what I don’t know is if the fix they applied would work for everyone having this issue, or if it was a one-off fix for me based on the measurement data I sent them.

So... I wanted to provide an update for those interested, but I don’t have any real information for the group other than to say that my issue was definitely real, and Dirac has been great to work with!

Thanks, your comments are encouragement and satisfaction for all of us :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I’m. Or sure how to diagnose this propblem and I’m paranoid that it is related to the dreaded 230 chip card problem

When watching shows on Netflix on Apple TV like Fargo or a documentary I notice that when the dialogue is fuzzy intermittently and very inaudible through the center speaker especially when it is quieter scenes or speaking..,it is very annoying. Almost sounds like a wire is half in sort of thing. That is when viewing on sound mode “direct” which goes to the center speaker. When I change the mode to die mix and the sound only goes to the two towers the dialogue is crystal clear and consistent

I’m currently using NAD 758 and only currently have the front 3 speakers set up. I also have them going into an anthem power amp before the NAD. They are minute Audio gold 200 and 350

Could this be the dreaded AMC 230 chip card issue or am I missing something to check?
Do you have any connections to the AM230 card? The noise issues some experienced were only output from Atmos speakers.
No, haven’t tried the ceiling speakers yet. The funny thing is-audio is fine when the center is hooked up to the NAD BUT it is crackly and drops out when it’s attatched through the Power Amp...would this mean there is an issue with the power amp (Anthem 5 channel), even though the side towers speakers are fine with it??

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
How come when selecting speaker settings it says front height or top height and then another option is “Dolby enabled height”?

I have 4 in ceiling speakers total. 2 45 degrees in front and 2 45 degrees behind.

What should I select for the speaker configuaratiln option for the NAD?

Front height is what it sounds like, and Top Front is the one you want to choose (and Top Rear). Dolby Enabled are for upfiring speakers

In theory, yes, as the latest version (2.2) is more recent than the build @bugal1998 had, but the only way to know for sure is to test it yourself (if you had the problem before)
Thank you-I will select top front and top rear for my in ceiling

Reactions: richardsim7

·
Registered
41 Posts
"Samples lost during recording"

This is what I get every time I try to make a new measurement with Dirac. I use the supplied mic. What should I do?

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
........ BUT it is crackly and drops out when it’s attatched through the Power Amp...would this mean there is an issue with the power amp (Anthem 5 channel), even though the side towers speakers are fine with it??

Switch the center to one of the channels on the amp that you are using for your towers and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check your Wi-Fi setup, otherwise try Ethernet if you can
It wasn't the Wi-fi it was the Mic adapters supplied with the NAD mic. Efter plugging it in and out several times and switched between the different USB ports I finally worked :confused: Weird. Its either a weird software bug och a bad connection in either the dongle or the Mic adapters?

Reactions: richardsim7

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Redownload new Dirac to upgrade?

Hey guys...now that DIRAC version 2.2 is out, should I download that from the website and go the the setup exe file to get the upgrade even if I already have the previous version running or is there a way to do it from the app on the Mac itself?

Also, if I already purchased Dirac live full version, will upgrading to 2.2 make me have to re enter my Dirac live info or will it just know that I have already purchased it?

Don’t want to mess up my Dirac full by upgrading by downloading new version...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another Dirac question. I’ve seen two methods of build target curves, using boost and using cuts. What is actually the best practice?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys...now that DIRAC version 2.2 is out, should I download that from the website and go the the setup exe file to get the upgrade even if I already have the previous version running or is there a way to do it from the app on the Mac itself?

Also, if I already purchased Dirac live full version, will upgrading to 2.2 make me have to re enter my Dirac live info or will it just know that I have already purchased it?

Nope, just install it and you Will be ready to go

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Timoteus Strågefors;57697650 said:

Nope, just install it and you Will be ready to go
Ok thanks. So to be clear I download the new version on the Mac and then open up the .exe and setup for version 2.2 and it will still know I’m a subscriber to the full version?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ok thanks. So to be clear I download the new version on the Mac and then open up the .exe and setup for version 2.2 and it will still know I’m a subscriber to the full version?
It overwrites the old version. No need to resubscribe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I dropped off my 758v3 off for service yesterday to fix the dreaded AM230 noise. Interestingly, NAD send them three bags of parts and it’s a ~five page repair (T758V3-SB2018-01). It sounds like resistors and capacitors on the card, as well as off the card, are needed, so it’s more than just the AM230. Hopefully it won’t be gone too long..
I hadn’t heard anything from the service guy, so I called today and it’s ready for pick up. He said he ended up replacing the whole board, I’ll learn more tomorrow.. Hopefully it’s all fixed up!

7761 - 7780 of 12144 Posts