AVS Forum banner

8041 - 8060 of 12144 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
They've updated the manual with references to Neural:X upmixing too. Looks like Dolby signals are stuck with Dolby Surround, and DTS signals with Neural:X, and PCM can have either.

Page 24

Guess I'll still be outputting DTS as PCM and switching back to bitstreaming for DTS:X titles then :\
Why not just play everything in it's original format? What is the configuration you want? (i don't use any form of upmixing myself).

*First thing to do when i come home; check for update :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Why not just play everything in it's original format? What is the configuration you want? (i don't use any form of upmixing myself).

I apply Dolby Surround to everything, I am yet to find a single piece of content that doesn't sound better with it enabled :)

*First thing to do when i come home; check for update :)

I already did, nothing yet :p

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Possible to watch video and listen to music?

Is it possible somehow to have an input showing a video or tv program (sports for example) on the tv without audio and have the NAD play music either through sonos connect or the BluOS?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, it is. Go into set up for the input and look at something like video source. You can change what video is selected. Also, if you change from a video source to an audio only source the video stays.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Is it possible somehow to have an input showing a video or tv program (sports for example) on the tv without audio and have the NAD play music either through sonos connect or the BluOS?

yeah you can define audio/video separately

I have a few inputs that use different audio sources and the same video source

it is pretty flexible

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

yeah you can define audio/video separately

I have a few inputs that use different audio sources and the same video source

it is pretty flexible
Thanks guys (both)-just tried it with both sonos and BluOS and it works great!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi,

Anyone here has a Rel subwoofer connected to their Nad avr through high level input?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Since I have a sonos connect as input 7 for mostly music and my main HDMI inputs 1-3 (Apple TV, Xbox blu ray and NIVIDEA shield) for video and atmos sources

If on occasion I wanted to have the video input play sound through the sonos connect so that if I’m watching a program or movie the sonos can send the audio to some of my other speakers in adjacent room (think of a sports game and a party environment)-could I do that and how would I set that up on the fly to switch to that?

I’m guessing that there is no way to keep atmos sound coming through the 5.1.4 in the NAD while it is sending stuff to the sonos connect or can it do both? In a perfect world I’d love to keep the best sound on the main system but have the option through the connect (optical cable to the NAD) to be able to send the signal to the other 3 sonos one speakers I have in basement common area...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I’m looking at this unit. Hoping someone can help me. I’m using a Denon now with XT32. Is there a flat EQ curve? Or is there just one house curve. Is the house curve similar to the Audyssey curve or does it roll off more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m looking at this unit. Hoping someone can help me. I’m using a Denon now with XT32. Is there a flat EQ curve? Or is there just one house curve. Is the house curve similar to the Audyssey curve or does it roll off more.

Dude this unit can fit so many curves! In the Dirac setup you can customize individual curves for all speakers/subs, and when thats done you can upload three different corrections to the unit. So its all up to you, and how you want it.

You could have one curve with flat response, one +4db sub curve for movies, and one with whatever. And once you've uploaded the three custom filters, you can just switch between them in the NAD's menu.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dude this unit can fit so many curves! In the Dirac setup you can customize individual curves for all speakers/subs, and when thats done you can upload three different corrections to the unit. So its all up to you, and how you want it.

You could have one curve with flat response, one +4db sub curve for movies, and one with whatever. And once you've uploaded the three custom filters, you can just switch between them in the NAD's menu.
Good. Do you know how the default curve compares to the Audyssey curve? Does it roll off HF more or less?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just checked settings, it is already set to 'off'
I had this same issue, and so did someone else on the forum. I don't remember what I did to actually fix the issue. I think I did a factory reset and turned off some HDMI-related settings. Try clicking on my username and "Find More Posts" by me. You should see some of my original posts and replies to another user who was dealing with the same problem.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts

Good. Do you know how the default curve compares to the Audyssey curve? Does it roll off HF more or less?
Look up Dirac Live V2 on YouTube. Part of the setup process is to edit your curve.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm looking into this as a possible upgrade. I'm curious though, if I use my amp with the Front mains can I reassign the front channel amps to rear height?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Look up Dirac Live V2 on YouTube. Part of the setup process is to edit your curve.
Thanks, I guess I was looking for impressions on how both target curves sound. If Dirac has less high frequency compared to Audyssey. I’ve heard a few people say Audyssey Reference is more bright sounding than the Room Feel curve.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm looking into this as a possible upgrade. I'm curious though, if I use my amp with the Front mains can I reassign the front channel amps to rear height?
I missed the answer to this above. Thanks

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Since I have a sonos connect as input 7 for mostly music and my main HDMI inputs 1-3 (Apple TV, Xbox blu ray and NIVIDEA shield) for video and atmos sources

If on occasion I wanted to have the video input play sound through the sonos connect so that if I’m watching a program or movie the sonos can send the audio to some of my other speakers in adjacent room (think of a sports game and a party environment)-could I do that and how would I set that up on the fly to switch to that?

I’m guessing that there is no way to keep atmos sound coming through the 5.1.4 in the NAD while it is sending stuff to the sonos connect or can it do both? In a perfect world I’d love to keep the best sound on the main system but have the option through the connect (optical cable to the NAD) to be able to send the signal to the other 3 sonos one speakers I have in basement common area...

You could connect the analog inputs of your Sonos Connect up to your front speaker pre-outs, and you'd get most of the important stuff, but not everything. You should be able to use zone 2 output with 5.1.4 but as far as I'm aware you can't use zone 2 for a stereo downmix of what zone 1 is doing, so I'm not aware of a good way to capture all of your audio for that. The manual on page 16 says "Digital audio sources connected via HDMI, digital optical and digital coaxial input ports cannot be downmixed and used as Zone 2 audio source." So maybe using your front pre-outs is the best you can do? Also I've never used a Sonos product personally so I can't comment on anything on that side of the equation.

I think the lack of zone 2 being able to do a stereo downmix version of zone 1 is actually a rather huge limitation here. A bit disappointing.

8041 - 8060 of 12144 Posts