AVS Forum banner

12341 - 12360 of 12402 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
what do you mean less noise?
In my system the 758 was noisier than the 4500. Admittedly, I have a room with lots of electrical noise (led lights on dimmers, PCs/wifi router - all in the same room). I even added separate chassis ground connections between the 758 and my amps, which helped. But I could still hear a faint buzz at the MLP with the 758. In fairness to the 758, the same buzz was present with my previous AVR, a Sherwood R972. But with the 4500 I could no longer hear that buzz at the MLP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What are your thoughts on ARC Genesis vs Dirac? I'll be planning for my next upgrade a ways down the road.
Sorry I can't give you an answer because I gave up on the NAD before I got around to running Dirac. The receiver had distortion issues on certain material & like the poster above, I had interference type noise that I could hear from the listening position & through quiet material like ambient music that wasn't present on other receivers I have.

For what it's worth, I don't like ARC for music, it seems to flatten the dynamic range a bit, but the Anthem sounds roughly the same as the 758 without room correction (very good), but seems more well built & without all the noise issues & wonky engineering the NAD had. It also has the ability to create different setup profiles like the 758 which was a selling point for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!

I have read about people recommending getting a miniDSP to calibrate in two subwoofers.
Is this still necessary when the subwoofers are located at exactly the same distance to the center listening location?

They are located at the front just beside(inside of) my front speakers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Nicklas1988

It's certainly not necessary, however there is a benefit to mic-ing and balancing your subs output. Room modes will be different even in an ideal room depending on where the room is in the house.

You can test this my running REW and micing one sub at a time and overlaying the result. You can also mic both together and compare. You'll find one subs response is going to be different than the other, and together you may find a peak at one frequency and a dip at another.

None of this is the end of the world, but it IS better to calibrate dual subs.

it's worth checking out @youthman on YouTube, he does a lot of REW measurements and comparisons just like that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi team,

I have a situation and need your help. Recently I bought a NAD T753 V3 and ran the Dirac with miniDSP mic. Here is my set-up:

• Goldenear Supersat 50 for L/R
  • Goldenear Supercenter reference for Center
  • 4x Goldenear supersat 3 ( for surround and Atmos )
  • Goldenear Supersub X ( for subwoofer )

I love Goldenear and they sounded Amazing with my Denon ( 3 years go ) but i sold that system and moved houses etc. then i built a much better system around Goldenear products and included the NAD instead of the Denon, Now I really dislike the sound. The center channel is never clear and it lacks overhead channel effect. I ran Dirac live 5 times already and yes i do see an improvement with it on then off but still nothing of what i remember.

Any details on how to Manually increase the center level of the unit on Dirac live ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
queation....watched a movie in DTS 5.1 The prestige on 4k UHD dic) and had the dts upmixer engaged....i couldnt turn the volume up past -8db. is this a new thing for the dts upmixer?

thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi team,

I have a situation and need your help. Recently I bought a NAD T753 V3 and ran the Dirac with miniDSP mic. Here is my set-up:

• Goldenear Supersat 50 for L/R
  • Goldenear Supercenter reference for Center
  • 4x Goldenear supersat 3 ( for surround and Atmos )
  • Goldenear Supersub X ( for subwoofer )

I love Goldenear and they sounded Amazing with my Denon ( 3 years go ) but i sold that system and moved houses etc. then i built a much better system around Goldenear products and included the NAD instead of the Denon, Now I really dislike the sound. The center channel is never clear and it lacks overhead channel effect. I ran Dirac live 5 times already and yes i do see an improvement with it on then off but still nothing of what i remember.

Any details on how to Manually increase the center level of the unit on Dirac live ?

Thank you.
You can download Markus’s app for iOS (NAD OSD) and it has an option to increase volume on Center, Surround and Subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
queation....watched a movie in DTS 5.1 The prestige on 4k UHD dic) and had the dts upmixer engaged....i couldnt turn the volume up past -8db. is this a new thing for the dts upmixer?

thanks
Can you go past -8db with up mixer disengaged?

·
Registered
13,467 Posts

thanks
Could be normal behavior due to the way gain is managed within the unit when the upmixer is engaged. Ask NAD support for clarification: Submit a request

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can download Markus’s app for iOS (NAD OSD) and it has an option to increase volume on Center, Surround and Subs.

Hey,

Can it be that easy ? and if i increase the center etc. it will not effect the Dirac live ? I mean i could still have Dirac live enabled and then manually increase the center channel and surrounds ???? :O
If thats the case thats what iam missing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anybody know whether the AVR can pass through FULLHD 3D (frame packing)?

With my htpc (GTX1080Ti) directly connected to the projector (Sony VW885) 3D is working flawlessly.
But as soon as i put the NAD AVR in between 3D does not work anymore. The AVR shows no video input signal and the projector gets no signal either.
I use certified HDMI Premium cables.

I hope somebody can help. Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote from the manual.

"The T 758 also supports HDMI features that include compatibility with a broad range of 3D and HD digital video sources and displays. "

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anybody know whether the AVR can pass through FULLHD 3D (frame packing)?

With my htpc (GTX1080Ti) directly connected to the projector (Sony VW885) 3D is working flawlessly.
But as soon as i put the NAD AVR in between 3D does not work anymore. The AVR shows no video input signal and the projector gets no signal either.
I use certified HDMI Premium cables.

I hope somebody can help. Thank you.
I use a gtx1080 as well as a cheap hdmi cable. I have no trouble viewing 3d material through the NAD.

Edit: sorry, my feedback offers you no help at all. I will check my settings and report back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use a gtx1080 as well as a cheap hdmi cable. I have no trouble viewing 3d material through the NAD.

Edit: sorry, my feedback offers you no help at all. I will check my settings and report back.
That sounds promising. Would be great if you can tell me more about your setup and settings. Nvidia driver version, video player software, ...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey,

Can it be that easy ? and if i increase the center etc. it will not effect the Dirac live ? I mean i could still have Dirac live enabled and then manually increase the center channel and surrounds ???? :O
If thats the case thats what iam missing.
Yes, it’s that easy. And DIRAC isn’t affected. Just adjust volumes to your liking after the calibration. However, once you turn power off, the setting goes back to zero and you must adjust volume again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That sounds promising. Would be great if you can tell me more about your setup and settings. Nvidia driver version, video player software, ...
I thought I had changed some settings in the Sony, but everything is pretty straight forward. For 3D I use PowerDVD 19 which also supports Atmos. And an application called 3dfixmanager. The latter automaticly combines two Nvidia drivers (the most current and the last driver with 3D support). It is a one time setup and than your good to go.

12341 - 12360 of 12402 Posts