AVS Forum banner

12361 - 12380 of 12402 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought I had changed some settings in the Sony, but everything is pretty straight forward. For 3D I use PowerDVD 19 which also supports Atmos. And an application called 3dfixmanager. The latter automaticly combines two Nvidia drivers (the most current and the last driver with 3D support). It is a one time setup and than your good to go.
Great. Can you confirm that 3d is also working with mpc-be and madvr?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I have an issue with my T758v3.

Whenever the sound stops (for example I pause a movie, or I mute the receiver) I get a thud in the subwoofer.

I am using ARC from the TV. It is not the same issue when I use the BluOS input when I am muting the receiver for example.

Anyone had the same issue? Anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great. Can you confirm that 3d is also working with mpc-be and madvr?
No I can not. MPC with madvr use to work for me. But for some reason it does not anymore when I turn on 3D in the Nvidia or 3dfixmanager controlpanel. I read somewhere that madvr is rather pickey when it comes to (diy) Nvidia drivers.

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
For those of you who really want eARC support...

I have this and can confirm it works perfectly with the 758v3. The only caveat is that it takes up an HDMI port on the TV. However, it works perfect. Perfect lipsync and full quality Atmos. I'm now able to run HDMI 2.1 content 10-bit, Variable Refresh Rate 4K 120fps PC gaming and still get full bandwidth atmos.

There's another product that would allow you to use the eARC HDMI port as an input but I can't speak to anything on it. It's the HDFury Arcana.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Does anyone know if we can turn the main screen at the front of 758 off while watching movies to make it darker in room?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Recently got a 758 V3 and have a couple of questions please:

1. I am going to add possibly Arendal speakers (maybe Monoprice THX or Kef R Series - undecided), I presume I need a power amp (will run 5.1.2). Can anyone recommend something which will offer a similar sound signature and upgrade enough to make it worthwhile please? Must be available in the UK too please. Is the JBL SDA7200 suitable, or perhaps the NAD T977 (a guy in the UK has 3 of these for sale). Can I get away with adding a 2ch to take some load off the internal amps? I have read a few things where amps are cutting out at -5DB - I will probably play at -5 to 0DB so want to avoid shutting things down.

2. Will my LG C9 pass Atmos (DD+ based lossy) from Netflix over standard ARC? I don't have speakers fully hooked up so not able to 'engage' Atmos as yet, so can't test it.

3. As it doesn't have eARC I presume my C9's Plex app won't pass TrueHD, so if I play movies on an NVIDIA Shield into the NAD, this will give me the best audio quality and will pass HDR etc no problem? (none of the movies are DV)

4. Do I just run a Y cable if I want to add 2x subs?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Recently got a 758 V3 and have a couple of questions please:

2. Will my LG C9 pass Atmos (DD+ based lossy) from Netflix over standard ARC? I don't have speakers fully hooked up so not able to 'engage' Atmos as yet, so can't test it.

3. As it doesn't have eARC I presume my C9's Plex app won't pass TrueHD, so if I play movies on an NVIDIA Shield into the NAD, this will give me the best audio quality and will pass HDR etc no problem? (none of the movies are DV)

4. Do I just run a Y cable if I want to add 2x subs?

Thanks in advance
2: Yup

3: Correct (though I heard the C9 Plex app won't pass TrueHD anyway, but the internal LG player will). Or if you really want eARC, this is an option: THENAUDIO – Add EARC to Any Sound System

4: Yup, or a MiniDSP 2x4(HD)

·
Registered
20 Posts
2: Yup

3: Correct (though I heard the C9 Plex app won't pass TrueHD anyway, but the internal LG player will). Or if you really want eARC, this is an option: THENAUDIO – Add EARC to Any Sound System

4: Yup, or a MiniDSP 2x4(HD)
Thank you! That THENAUDIO is a great unit! Do you know if there are any UK stockists please? Do you run one of them? I wonder if there are any side effects or sync issues with the extra conversion step - looks a great solution though, especially given how few inputs the 758 has

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have been searching around for some time, but haven't found my answer yet.
1.When playing Dolby Atmos sound tracks, shouldn't the display of the AVR state "Dolby Atmos" instead of like Dolby Digital+ or similar codecs?
I'm asking, as i'm unsure if everything in my chain of Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) -> NAD T758v3 -> LG C8, is hindering dolby atmos correctly from being played. Though I get the Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision to display on netflix.

This isn't so much about the NAD, but I hope some folks would give some guidance.
I'm looking into getting a pair of speakers for Atmos in the ceiling, but unsure on what to get, if something cheap is enough, or it would ruin the sound stage.
The LCR channels is Procella P6, while the surround is a pair of M&K SS150. It would make sense to get a pair of Procella for atmos, but they're expensive and nothing used is on the market here in Denmark. If I know my self, I probably wouldn't stop with only 5.2.2, as I have a room where 7.2.4 is actually possible. But spending 2520$ just for Procella P1 speakers for the ceiling, is quiet a lot, as I also need an amplifier for the extra channels.
2. Would M&K Sound SS150 do the job for the ceiling and still make it sound good with the Procella?
3. What amplifier would be recommended to drive the extra 4 channels for 7.2.4
4. Is 5.2.4 enough, as there's not much material around for standard 7 channels?

·
Registered
31 Posts
1.When playing Dolby Atmos sound tracks, shouldn't the display of the AVR state "Dolby Atmos" instead of like Dolby Digital+ or similar codecs?
I'm asking, as i'm unsure if everything in my chain of Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) -> NAD T758v3 -> LG C8, is hindering dolby atmos correctly from being played. Though I get the Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision to display on netflix.
Yes it should.
DSC_0027.JPG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is that from Netflix or disney+?

Haven't tried from a blu-ray or similar though.
Oh sorry. I did not know that you meant a streaming service. I only wanted to point out that the display says Dolby Atmos when it receives the right input. My source in the picture was my computer.

·
Registered
13,467 Posts
I have been searching around for some time, but haven't found my answer yet.
If you're getting DD+ into the NAD then the problem is likely Dolby Atmos on Netflix

·
Registered
96 Posts
I no longer get Atmos on the display when using ARC, it used to but after an update, the lower line now shows ARC instead of the codec being used. I haven´t found a setting to change that.

12361 - 12380 of 12402 Posts