AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I'm looking for a small print amplifier that i can put vertically and is maximum 28cm deep.
i will connect 2 speakers and a sub.
i narrowed down my options to:

- NAD D7050
- DENON PMA-50

which one is better and why and can you recommend anything similar?
thanks a lot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello,
I'm looking for a small print amplifier that i can put vertically and is maximum 28cm deep.
i will connect 2 speakers and a sub.
i narrowed down my options to:

- NAD D7050
- DENON PMA-50

which one is better and why and can you recommend anything similar?
thanks a lot

any recommendation please?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The NAD supports AirPlay, DLNA and Spotify Connect in addition to AptX. The Denon supports AptX for high end playback. I have the NAD D7050 and the option I use most often is AirPlay via an iPad. iOS does not support AptX although it is a high quality option if you have Android. The Denon is priced lower and more comparable to the NAD D 3020.

NAD has incorporated CSR DDFA amplifier circuit in very expensive high-end equipment such as the M2 which is a $6,000 amplifier dating back to 2010. Hence, they've had more time to optimize this circuit and it has trickled down into the C390DD and D7050 in particular. The D 3020 is not a full digital amp.

The DDFA circuit is very good...you probably would be happy with either but I would buy the NAD D7050.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The D7050 and C390DD uses third party Deode Zetex amp modules which the PMA-50 also uses. The difference is the PMA-50 is the newer version of the one inside the D7050 and supports higher bitrate through USB (USB-B Input supports DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz). I am actually going to replace my D7050 with the PMA-50. Looks cooler and newer tech from the same top end supplier NAD and Denon use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts