AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

A question for the far more experienced (than I am) audio members ...

I have a sony Vaio Lap Top (running Windows 8.1) connected by HDMI to a NAD T757 Receiver . I can't select "enhanced stereo" in listening mode when the LAPTOP is the source.

I also have a BluRay player, Bell Fibe TV, and a Sonos connect all connected by HDMI to the NAD and all have "enhanced stereo" available to be selected.

I need enhanced stereo available because I use this receiver to drive 3 separate pairs of speakers in 3 different rooms in the house. I have a pair of speakers connected to the front, side and rear speaker terminals.

When LAPTOP is the source I can only get music/sound to come out of the speakers connected to the front speaker terminals, and "enhanced stereo" is not available to be selected in listening mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hi Everyone,

A question for the far more experienced (than I am) audio members ...

I have a sony Vaio Lap Top (running Windows 8.1) connected by HDMI to a NAD T757 Receiver . I can't select "enhanced stereo" in listening mode when the LAPTOP is the source.

I also have a BluRay player, Bell Fibe TV, and a Sonos connect all connected by HDMI to the NAD and all have "enhanced stereo" available to be selected.

I need enhanced stereo available because I use this receiver to drive 3 separate pairs of speakers in 3 different rooms in the house. I have a pair of speakers connected to the front, side and rear speaker terminals.

When LAPTOP is the source I can only get music/sound to come out of the speakers connected to the front speaker terminals, and "enhanced stereo" is not available to be selected in listening mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Darren

Maybe your NAD doesn't process hi resolution audio from LAPTOP? Goto sound properties in windows 8. Advanced properties. Change from 96000 to 48000 (24 bit). Now everything won't be sent out hi resolution and the NAD can do its normal processing...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check the laptop settings and give it a try.

I would be curious as to why there's sound coming from the front left and right channels but nothing coming out of the surround and rear channels, and why there is no option to select enhanced stereo.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'll check the laptop settings and give it a try.

I would be curious as to why there's sound coming from the front left and right channels but nothing coming out of the surround and rear channels, and why there is no option to select enhanced stereo.

Read my post again. If your NAD is like my Outlaw Audio processor, it won't process hi resolution audio. If sent hi rez, it will only do 2 channel audio like you are hearing. Change the setting in your laptop so it doesn't upsample everything to 96000. Now that it is not sending hi rez, your NAD will process the audio properly, and you have your enhanced stereo option. Many newer recievers/processors don't have this limitation and can process 24bit 96k. good luck, Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts