AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does there seem to be limited information available on the web regarding the M15HD2? By information I mean professional and user reviews and experiences.

I'm in the process of putting together a system for an HT in the basement and am looking at separates. The M8807 is one that is on "my list" along with the MX121. I know there is a signifcant price difference - I am comfortable spending up to $8k for the processor (but don't "have" to spend that much).

I am looking for the best match of features and value. The NAD M15HD2 interests me because of its upgradable architecture.

If I need to provide any additional information to help with the response, please let me know. I am by no means an expert, more of just a "fan" looking for a good setup.

Is it better to go with a surround processor with building video scaling or focus on a surround processor with the best audio and get an outboard scaler like lumagen (sp?).?

The system will be connected to an Epson 6020UB for the display and KEF R series/JL f112's for the speakers.

Amp and CD/DVD source are also undecided.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokami  /t/1468508/nad-m15hd2-plus-general-advice-on-surround-processor-selection#post_23209715

Why does there seem to be limited information available on the web regarding the M15HD2? By information I mean professional and user reviews and experiences..
there is a thread here:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1063310/nad-m15hd-surround-sound-processor
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokami  /t/1468508/nad-m15hd2-plus-general-advice-on-surround-processor-selection#post_23209715

I'm in the process of putting together a system for an HT in the basement and am looking at separates. The M8807 is one that is on "my list" along with the MX121. I know there is a signifcant price difference - I am comfortable spending up to $8k for the processor (but don't "have" to spend that much). I am looking for the best match of features and value. The NAD M15HD2 interests me because of its upgradable architecture..
I owned an NAD T175 surround processor (their 1rst-generation HDMI product), along with M25 amp. I was happy with performance overall (once the HDMI bugs were worked out). However, eventually I upgraded to next-generation gear (network-based).

NAD makes some very nice sounding gear, however they seem to have some product quality issues. I was initially very intrigued with the M15HD, but after reading about some issues I refrained. But I do love their amp products very much. I recently purchased the Marantz AV8801 surround processor, Parasound Halo A51 amp, Oppo BDP-105 player, Sony SCD-XA5400ES player. I feel the AV8801 is a better deal overall for the price (when comparing to M15HD2), especially when you're getting Audyssey XT32. I'm also using an Epson 3020 projector.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The April /May 2013 issue of Widescreen Review has a review of the NAD M15 HD2. Their conclusion:

The M15 HD2 is a worthy flagship. It delivers on NAD's "Master Series" concept by delivering sound quality that is clearly and solidly in the elite category. You can spend more, a lot more, and not get sound that's as seductive and listenable, as the sound of the M15 HD2. If the combination of features and NAD's modular architecture that allows updating in the future meets your needs and expectations, the M15 HD2 should be on your short list. Especially if you're looking for high-end processor sound for 30 to 60 percent less than you'd spend on something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts