NAD has enjoyed great success with its Masters M10 BluOS DAC/Amp. Now, audiophiles seeking more power may consider the newly announced Masters M33 that features more power and is the first integrated to use Purifi amplification technology that's rated at 200 W per channel with either 8 ohm or 4 ohm loads. This heavy-hitting integrated amplifier will sell for $5000 and has the profile of a proper piece of high-end hi-fi gear, including the all-important physical volume knob.
At CES, I was able to hear a few tracks playing through a M33 connected to DALI's flagship Epicon 8 speakers. A key feature of the NAD M33 Masters is its inclusion of Dirac Live room correction, which is undoubtedly a benefit when setting up a system in a hotel suite in Vegas! As expected, the sound was transparent, three-dimensional, neutral, precise, engaging... Indeed, I felt relaxed after just a few minutes of listening, with little desire to get back up and continue reporting on the show. Impressive!

NAD's Masters M33 Streaming DAC Amp gets an AVS Forum Best of CES 2020 award for embracing Dirac Live, hi-res streaming and modern amplifier design and putting it all together in a package that's able to handle flagship-class speakers and deliver the sort of sound some old-school audiophiles never manage to achieve. I'm not saying it takes the fun away from tweaking your system, but what I heard was already so refined that fiddling with it instead of sitting down and appreciating music would basically count as a crime.

Main Features of the NAD Masters M33 Streaming DAC/Amp

• BluOS Streaming DAC Amplifier
  • HybridDigital Purifi Eigentact™ Amplifier Technology
  • Continuous Power: 200W into 8/4 Ohms
  • ESS Sabre DAC
  • Dirac Live Room Correction
  • Colour TFT touch display
  • BluOS Multi-room Integration
  • 2 x MDC Slots for Future Expansion
  • Wireless control with Apple AirPlay 2 and aptX HD Bluetooth Integration
  • Comprehensive digital and analogue connectivity including HDMI eARC
  • Integrate seamlessly with leading smart home control systems