AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a new Monitor audio RX8 5.1 setup and have listened to both receiver's,I think the NAD sound's better playing music and the Marantz with movie's.At first I looked at the NR-807 found it not that clear then the SC-25 found that a bit bright should I go up to T765?Are these receiver's 1.4 compliant? Any advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
No currently available receivers are 1.4 compliant. Several have been announced (although not by NAD or Marantz) with availability later this year.

If your budget can cope, get the one that sounds best to you.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Might look for the thread here on AVS that discusses the issues with the current 5004 and 6004 Marantz receivers. The Pop of Death issue seems to be real with these and Marantz seems to by denying a problem.

I'd personally avoid these receivers, as other viable options are available.

·
Registered
682 Posts
There are still some NAD T965 and 975 (non HD models) out there at good prices. I know that NAD has a HDMI 1.4 capable upgrade card under development.

Since you like the SQ of NAD, you may want to checkout the now discontinued Cambridge Audio 640R. A friend of mine just got a super deal on a demo unit as the dealer was bringing in the new 650R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts