AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I order a Nad T752 and I want to be sure that's a new model with newer Bios (best v1.20A7 or v1.06A7) , so what's serial number it's good? If anyone have a T752 with v1.06A7 or v1.20A7 what's your serial number? (example : R31-A75-4xxxx) I heard if last four digits begin with 4 it's ok... :confused:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello Feurnbuck,

You can find out yourself what firmware version you have by pressing and releasing the Video and Audio buttons on the front of your receiver simultaneously. I also have the 752 and have been pretty happy with it so far, good luck with your new purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyCasaba
Hello Feurnbuck,

You can find out yourself what firmware version you have by pressing and releasing the Video and Audio buttons on the front of your receiver simultaneously. I also have the 752 and have been pretty happy with it so far, good luck with your new purchase.
Thanks! but I know already that trick, it's because when I will take my order to audio shop, I don't want open box et plug receiver to check bios version, so with serial number, I know it's new or old stock, and if it's old stock, I don't take it!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok, well my last four digits begins with a 5 and I have the v1.06A7 firmware. I really can't say whether this version is better or worse than the others. I am still debating on getting the newer chips installed. Right now the only nit I have to pick is the digital dropouts at the beginning of songs on some CD's and it does not seem clear if the newer firmware really takes care of this.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Quote:
Right now the only nit I have to pick is the digital dropouts at the beginning of songs on some CD's and it does not seem clear if the newer firmware really takes care of this.
It does not fix it in the 762, which I think has the same firmware.

The other issue I have noticed is that setting up for 2CH + Sub seems to allow frequencies above the crossover to go to the sub.

My sub has a crossover on/off switch, which I normally leave off. When I noticed I could here non--bass from the sub, I just turned the crossover back on at its highest setting (90hz).

This was noted in the big long 762 thread. I noticed it before I read about it, but was not sure what was going on.

BGL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.