AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had my NAD T762 for a little while now, and I have to say I love it still.

I had a bit of a nagging fan noise problem, the fan would come on and stay on even when the recevier wasn't hardly doing anything, ie. having been muted for several hours.

Well I had an electrician come out to my place and installed a dedicated 20 amp power outlet circuit for my home theater gear, because first I needed to actually finally have a grounded outlet, and I didn't want other appliances, etc. putting strain on my home theater circuit.

Anyway the point of this post is... now that I have a proper grounding for my home theater, which the NAD receivers seem to require unlike many other receivers, my fan noise problems have disappeared. I haven't heard the fans since.

I once thought I heard them kick back on, but it ended up being that irritatingly loud fan in the Xbox.

So if anybody out there with a NAD receiver is finding they're still having fan noise issues you may want to check your circuit continuity and make sure you have a good solid ground for your equipment.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the T773, or going for the T163 pre/pro and a Sherbourn seven channel amp. I just can't decide what route to go because I haven't decided if I'm going to mvoe my front Def Tech BP8-B's to the back with the other two and replace my front set with BP30's and Def Tech's best passive center channel, or if I should see how well a set of Rocket 750's and a Rocket 200 center channel will match up with my Def Tech back end.

-Nathan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.