AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I doing a disservice to the NAD by plugging it in to an Adcom ACE-315 Surge Suppressor/Line Enhancer? I was reading this thread

and there was mention about not plugging in high current amps into line conditioners. I have the Adcom plugged into a dedicated 20A circuit. Thanks!

Norm

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hamsey, I do not think you are doing any disservice to your amp, whichever brand it is. ACE's primary and main function is not power conditioning but surge suppression. By plugging it in you are allowing yourself some more piece of mind. It does have some "line enhancement" built in, but that comes as a bonus. Whether you will see/hear any improvements with ACE in the rack depends entirely on your power source. But even if you do not notice any improvements do not consider that you wasted your money on ACE - it sits there to protect your equipment, not improve it. If you want to improve your audio and video, better spend some money on room treatment, speakers and other equipment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hamsey,

I am very interested in buying a T773. How do you like yours? How long have you had it. Do you listen to SACD sound? Give me some detailed insight if you have the time, I would love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pagey282000

Love it:D Got it 3 weeks ago. I have not played any SACD yet. Watched some movies and now I know what slam is. I am using it to drive B&W 603, LCR600, 601,601 and AWS600. I was driving these speakers with a HK AVR500 and the NAD blows it away.

Still tweaking! Very intuitive interface. If there are any specific questions please ask and I will do my best to answer.

I would say the biggest problem I had was getting my HTM MX700 to learn the codes. Found them on the NAD website.

I got version 2 which was a requirement for me to have DPLIIx. The enhanced bass feature is nice when I listen at low volume (thankfully not very often)

Norm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought one! Should be here by Friday. I've heard a lot about NAD building receivers with more emphasis on the amp than the bells and whistles. Looking forward to getting it up and running. Thanks for the insight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.