Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm considering purchasing an NAD T773 for my home theater. Although I intend to use a different system for most of my 2 channel listening, I want to be able to use this receiver for SACD multi-channel audio as well. I have the opportunity to purchase a Sherwood 863 receiver as well. I will be running Bohlender Graebener Radia 420s with a 220 center channel for the 5.1 system. My question is this: Is the NAD worth spending the extra money over the Sherwood? Will I get noticeably better SACD sound using the NAD, or are both of these units too limited by their pre-amplifier sections for one to really sound that noticeably different for SACD multi-channel sound quality?

Thanks in advance for all input.

·
Registered
252 Posts
well I dont listen to SACD stuff

most of my stuff isnt available

here are some brain scattered thoughts on my new T773

upgrading from Pioneer elite to the NAD t773 was amazing truly amazing

I have found I love listening to music again and enjoying putting in cds I havent listened to in a long time just to hear a complete new CD

Speakers are PSB 5T main 2b surround (4 of them for the 7.1 experience) and C9 for center with a velodyne sub

I love watching movies at home and home theater was also top on my list close to getting Denon, Marantz etc.. I am glad I got the NAD. One reasoning to me is they are known to be a great music maker and many think above the other brands such as Marantz Denon etc.. ?? to me it doesnt matter to much what others say but there has to be a reason so many do say it. So that thinking they must be pretty good on Movies also many soundtracks are about the Music and of course effects etc.. but its all sound when we get down to it ;)

the Dynamic range in Movies is amazing way better than other receivers I listened to gunshots truly sound like they should and yet one someone whispers that is what you hear from the footsteps in the opening of Gladiator to the smack of the sword against a helmet ;) WOW I am loving it and glad I got the NAD now I think it has a bit more range and punch than others can put out.

the 7.1 for sound is amazing and really is worth the upgrade over 5.1 again gladiator the part where he is going to be killed and he gets free there is a part when he throws his sword and you can hear it coming from the back around your side and hit the target ;)

New Hope the ship coming overhead to the laser blasts truly is better than any theater I feel ;)

sorry for bad grammar ;) but some scattered thoughts that might help you out or not ??

anyway hope this helps and if there are any specifics I can try to answer I will ;)

sounds like a nice setup you have those are some cool speaks ;)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'm another happy 773 owner. My system isn't fully set up yet - it's just 2.1 until my HT is done, but am looking forward to hearing some true multi-channel audio on it.

Either way you go, you're looking at some pretty nice pieces of gear. You can't go wrong with either choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.