AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm considering upgrading my T785 with the MDC programme(AM200,VM200).

But I really would love to know if that upgrade would make my "old" reciever be EXACTLY as the "new" T785HD version?

I have borrowed a T785HD for testing at home from my dealer, and after studying it a bit, the ONLY difference I see is the "DTS-HD Master Audio" logo sticker in the lower left corner in the front of the reciever.

Looking in the back, at the HDMI and Audio board, there is a couple stickers in red and orange with the text "AM200" and "VM200". This makes me think if the T785HD really just is an "old" T785 with the MDC upgrade. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is indeed the fact?

EDIT: Added image!

Thanks for any replies.

Best regards

James.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hd are upgraded versions of the same previous receivers. They havent produced new units, just manufactured the same receivers and added the new hardware.

What did you think of the sound otherwise, I reckon you used the 7.1 in previoulsy? Do you hear any difference when the receiver decodes vs the BD?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Spin /forum/post/18259924

Hd are upgraded versions of the same previous receivers. They havent produced new units, just manufactured the same receivers and added the new hardware.

What did you think of the sound otherwise, I reckon you used the 7.1 in previoulsy? Do you hear any difference when the receiver decodes vs the BD?

Thanks alot! I use a PS3 for as BD at the moment, so I didn't really had the option of bitstreaming to the T785HD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts