AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a beta version of NAD Theater Series Pc Interface Software. The Software will manage all NAD T Series models, with an RS232 Port installed.

I have connected my laptop to the T762, Via a straight RS232 cable, and it worked fine. All the settings can be downloaded on your pc, changed and reloaded in an instance. The Amp can be easily controlled from the software, from switching on the AMP, viewing RDS Text messages , selecting decoding formats, current software version installed on the T762, viewing the current format detected by the receiver, Labelling, etc. etc. When loaded the software will automatically scan the RS232 Port on your Pc. If it detects a connection with the T762 then it will load the current setup. Very flexible. Analogue gains can be set when connected to newer models installed with the RS232 Port.

I have E-mailed NAD regarding the analogue gain on the T762, and informed me that no current software version installed on the T762 can set the analogue gains. This feature requires replacement of internal hardware, this would be only available for the newer T Series models!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If you e-mail NAD's customer service, they'll send you the information on the protocol and a sample windows application (At least they did, when I was researching this topic and considered getting a T762)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
If anyone would be interested in doing a CQC driver, please let me know. I'll give you a free version of CQC in return. Then you could control the NAD plus other devices and integrate them into a powerful control system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone besides gatt767 received the software. It's not available online and they don't seem to respond that fast at Nad's. I've mailed twice already. Can someone please mail me the program?

Thanks in advance!

midjo32

·
Registered
79 Posts
midjo32,

Yeah, I got it promptly, with all the RS232 codes and specs...

Dean,

I'll take a little look as soon as I buy the appropriate serial cable... Haven't found a 9-9 pin one in my cabling mess... Weird. :)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
I'll take a little look as soon as I buy the appropriate serial cable... Haven't found a 9-9 pin one in my cabling mess... Weird.
I have nightmares about falling into a pit of writhing serial cables , and I'm only kind of kidding. Let me know when you are ready to start and I'll give you whatever help or support you need, and send you a free license in return for being able to ship the driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.