AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using a Marantz AVR SR6007 with a pair of floorstand speakers. My speakers are capable of bi - amping although I have not used this in my current setup.

By some stroke of luck, someone had given me a NAD356BEE integrated amp. Any advice if I can use this with my Marantz (as pre amp) as well as biamping? If it is a biamp setup, do I use my Marantz AND NAD to drive the speakers or would it be better to just use the NAD356BEE to drive the speakers?

·
Premium Member
93,204 Posts
No benefit to including this in your current setup as the 6007 can provide 110W while NAD only 80W. Also without adding active crossover switches, no benefit to using the Marantz bi-amp feature not to mention there is a caution in the manual about connecting the speaker posts and pre-outs to the same set of speakers..

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I agree, no benefit to using the NAD in this scenario.

What I would do is........use the NAD as an excuse to get a

Pair of nice speakers (maybe bookshelf) and set up a stereo

In a bedroom or office or....?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1520496/nad356bee-with-marantz-sr6007#post_24428167

No benefit to including this in your current setup as the 6007 can provide 110W while NAD only 80W. Also without adding active crossover switches, no benefit to using the Marantz bi-amp feature not to mention there is a caution in the manual about connecting the speaker posts and pre-outs to the same set of speakers..

Thanks for the reply here! Glad I checked in here before changing any setup which could damage my precious speakers!

I have read that an integrated amp will generally produce better music than an AVR so if I do not use bi - amp, would there still be an improvement to music if I feed the pre - out from the AVR to the NAD (have not received this yet).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.