AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name one movie that you love that you expect will never be released on DVD.

or

Name one movie that you love that you expect will never be re-released on DVD with a better transfer.

(Because transfer is terrible or not OAR, not because it is not anamorphic or not 'superbit'....)

Please explain why.

:( :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Full

Metal

Jacket

It doesn't look nearly as good as EVERY OTHER DVD I OWN. It looks like a VHS. Okay, maybe a little better than VHS, but not very good nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Gotcha!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Star Wars Original trilogy.

Gus

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The Great White Hype

--------------------------------------------

Very funny boxing movie that doesn't seem to be available ANYWHERE anymore.

Blade Runner: Special Edition.

This is just one of those projects (like the X-Men Director's Cut) that just sounds too damn good to ever happen. Now that it's supposedly near completion and being held up by "legal battles," I'd be shocked if we EVER see it on DVD. Which is a shame, because the world is definitely unjust when a movie as deserving and needing of a special edtion release like Blade Runner gets the shaft, but I can go out and buy the special edition of Dude, Where's My Car. God help us all...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MrGonk
The Great White Hype

Very funny boxing movie that doesn't seem to be available ANYWHERE anymore.
Good One!
Quote:
Blade Runner: Special Edition....
OK, but that movie already is out.

Forgot to read the original post, didn't we?!!?!!? ;)

Sorry I don't mean to pick on you.

Maybe I should have said not to reply about:

Anamorphic Editions

Superbit Editions

Special Editions

Collectors Editions

Criterion Collection Editions

HD-DVD Versions

Unrated Versions

Colorized Versions

Dubbed Versions

Claymation Versions :)

AD NAUSEUM....

END RANT

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
"The Final Cut" 1995 with Sam Elliott, because it's about a bomber of buildings, what with 9-11 still on minds.

"The Bermuda Depths" 1978 Out of print made for 'TV' it's on tape but extremely rare, first film for Connie sellica.

"Fear No Evil" 1969 made for 'TV' has brilliant cast, Louis Jourdan, Carroll O Conner, Lyda Day George, Wilfred Hyde White

"Goliath Awaits" 1981 Big Cast made for 'TV', Starring Chistopher Lee, Mark Harmon, Robert Forestor, "Alex Chorde" Emma Samms, Eddie Albert, John Caradine

"Yellowstone Kelly" Clint Walker and Ed 'kooky' Burns (kooky, kooky, lend me your comb ~ 77 sunset Strip) old western I like

First one self explanatory next 3 made for 'TV', an old western I like.:)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Rainbow Wars. OK, it's not a full-length feature movie, just a short, but I've been looking for a copy of my own ever since it was shown at Expo 86 and have never been able to find it on any media...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well call me crazy for my choices but:

"Popeye" with Robin Williams

"King Solomon's Mines" & ":Lost City of Gold" with Richard Chamberlein

"Under the Rainbow" with Chevy Chase

"Song of the South" Disney at it's best

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The original, uncut "Twice Upon a Time"

One of the best animations every produced, IMHO.

-Jon

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yubyub
The original, uncut "Twice Upon a Time"

One of the best animations every produced, IMHO.

-Jon
Wow, I've never heard anyone else bring this up. I think it's great too- it must be tied up in litigation or something, or maybe George Lucas (exec. producer) just doesn't like it for some dumb reason. I finally tracked down a version on VHS- is it edited?? I didn't know there was a "cut" version of it! What are the differences??

BTW, my picks are that plus Get Crazy- a great, never seen rock-and-roll comedy from 1980.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Spike Lee's She's Gotta Have It, (although I own the LD criterion)

Hoop Dreams (excellent documentary, I'm in it briefly).

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Happy Gilmore. There's a DVD out there, but it's full screen. For a relatively new movie, it's amazing there is not a widescreen version.

·
Registered
16 Posts
`Big Man On Campus` - used to have this on laserdisc and made me laugh every single time we watched it,would love to see that released :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just remembered `Rock and Rule` - amazing animation from Canada with excellent performances from Cheap Trick/Debbie Harry/Iggy/etc,would dearly love a copy of this,used to be available on laser with a second disc of extras,never found a copy but by all accounts it was superb.Seemed to remember reading a while back the rights are with MGM and they were gonna release it and then pulled out claiming they weren`t intrested,and it now sits in limbo,much the same as the box set of `American Gothic`:( we can only wish :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I don't think he meant Blade Runner, Dir. Cut, but the next edition.

Nicholas

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.