AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already mentioned 2 of my favorite music related shows already in another thread (Midnight Special, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert) so I won't repeat those. What other must see TV shows (mostly of the past I am talking about) should be released on DVD?

Some of mine:

1. WKRP in Cincinnati (Bailey Quarters...yes!)

2. The original SCTV shows that aired in Canada--3 seasons I think

3. Get Smart (missed it by that much)

4. I'd love to see a compilation of the daytime Letterman talk show

5. the rest of Twin Peaks (although I have em all on laserdisc)

6. the challenger to SNL, Fridays (if only for the Kaufmann bits)

and why no further Barney Miller seasons?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Cheers, Taxi, Mork and Mindy, BSG-75 and Space 1999.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
1.get smart (I saw this in reruns a few years back and thought it was one of the best tv shows I'd seen)

2.gommer USMC (another great show, saw a few reruns, also the first ep is on the latest andy grifith dvd set)

3.Braniac (its a UK tv show that's simmiler to mythbusters but funnyer and less scince rules)

4.mail call (I know theirs best of dvds but I want an entire series)

5.mythbusters (agin entire seasons rather then best of)

I'd like to see the simpsons box sets come out way faster like 1 every other month or once per. I'd do with out the comintaries if that ment faster results. Although at least it 2 a year rather then 1 every few years.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Wind
Cheers, Taxi, Mork and Mindy, BSG-75 and Space 1999.
Those are already out on DVD.

--Jerome

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Mystery Science Theater 3000, every episode. Or at least the first 7 seasons.

I doubt it'll ever happen though. Too much legal red-tape and too expensive for the rights to all those movies. There's just not a big enough market for a big-time company to bother.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Anyone remember the short-lived USA series G vs E that was sent off to Sci-Fi network to die? That's my pick. An uncensored Joe Schmoe 2 if that hasn't come out, I seem to remember it not doing well and so they scrapped dvd plans.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Blakes 7 - only UK region & my 6hr mode OTA VHS tapes are worn to death.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - ok not a tv show but you can have the other two movies in the available 3pack that costs 50 bucks!

Dr Who - the've been dribbling these out the last few years. Speed it up BBC!

Funny Company cartoons.

Enterprise Season 1 - ok it's out but $90+... you're sh _ _in' me!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Automan

That 80's Show

Nicki

Stacked

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Night Court: Seasons 2-9

It's been since April when S1 came out, there's been no word on S2 since. Last I read some foul best of disc was coming out. Yuck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Joe Schmo - Season 2. Best ever send-up of reality TV.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM
Anyone remember the short-lived USA series G vs E that was sent off to Sci-Fi network to die? That's my pick.
Yes, along with Push, Nevada, and Pasadena.

Also, were is Max Headroom??? You'd think they could mint money selling to all us geeks. Must be lost in licencing hell.

And, those cool ABC summer shows: Relativity, and Cupid.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Sea Hunt

Whirlybirds

Sky King

Winky Dink (Stick that piece of plastic on your plasma and and use a greese pencil to draw a bridge so Winky Dink can cross!)

The Defenders

Bat Masterson

·
Registered
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOA
Sea Hunt

Whirlybirds

Sky King

Winky Dink (Stick that piece of plastic on your plasma and and use a greese pencil to draw a bridge so Winky Dink can cross!)

The Defenders

Bat Masterson

KOA,

Very interesting list. I remember them all, even Winky Dink (Yes, I had the plastic screen and grease pencil). How time flies.

Mike

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOA
Sea Hunt

Whirlybirds

Sky King

The Defenders

Bat Masterson
so these are series you would buy on DVD if they came out, or are you just throwing out some obscure stuff that is not on DVD?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Police Squad! They had it on VHS back in the day, but no DVD yet. That show made me laugh so hard I would choke.

They need to hurry up with Masters of Horror. I know the season isn't over with yet, but I'm not patient.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.