AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already got a 60Gb Creative Zen and 160Gb Archos 605 Wifi.

I'm getting an I-pod due to podcasts having chapters.

I was planning on getting the nano so I had one flash mp3 player but I've heard that the Classic sounds WAY better then the Nano. Can anyone report on this?

edit: I also heard the classic has genusis, that does a shuffle of other songs you might like/listening to? Is that right? If so how well does it work?

·
Registered
233 Posts
My classic sounds much better than my wife's nano for a simple reason.....She can only fit smaller MP3's on it, and I have my entire music collection ripped in Appleloss format on my 160gb classic. I've tried to listen to comparable MP3's before on the two and I can't really tell the difference.

As for the genius feature, it works just like Pandora.com. You pick a song and it searches your library and makes a playlist for you based on that song. The reason apple does it is b/c it opens a bar on the side that demonstrates song you can PURCHASE on iTunes similar to the one you just selected. I use it sometimes, works pretty well.

I can see why it's hard to justify a classic when you have such a great large capacity media player with that Archos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The new 4G nano and 6g classic sound almost identical. There is no floor sound with the new nano and using a LOD cable, you can get identical sounds out of both of them.

If you want the size, get the 120 gig.

If you want the size, get the Nano. I don't know what kind of setup you have (speakers or headphones or IEMs) but I would say to convert your stuff into lossless (which you can have about... 300 on a 8gb) to get the best SQ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts