AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received both Samsung 617W TV and T-165 OTA tuner. I have small indoor RS antenna in the room which only catches FOX-DT, WGN-DT and channel 11-DT. It does look great, but I want to receive all DT channels including CBS - DT. Any one has recommendations on professional installer in the area for attic antenna? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope someone chimes in with a reply thread, because Im in Bolingbrook and I've been trying to decide if I should go up on the roof (or in the attic) myself or hire someone. If anybody out there knows of a decent installer, please help us two guys out.:)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I bought my antenna and installation from ABT Electronics.

They did a great job. I'd recommend them.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I concur. ABT is a decent company.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Make that three votes for Abt. The installed my Samsung receiver and winegard antenna and did a great job.

As a side note, I recently had a bad experience with a salesperson at Abt who did not match a price for a Camcorder that I know they had already given to two or three people. On a whim I sent Abt an email and actually got a response from one of their managers. The manager called to discuss the situation and apologized that the salesperson did not make the sale. He then went a step further and sent me something to ensure that I would continue to shop at Abt. I was blown away by the level of customer service and will go out of my way to buy from Abt in the future.

JT

·
Registered
218 Posts
Abt is great...all of my equipment I own was bought at Abt. However, because of a referral from my boss, I had an installer named Ed from Barrret's Home Theater in Elmhurst come out to my house in Cary for an attic install. It was $349 for the Winegard antenna with the installation included. Kinda pricey, but now that it is installed, it was worth it. All channels are perfect except 2 of course which is a bit blocky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very intresting!:) I bought my Mitsubishi HD intergrated Widescreen from them back in early March. Im planning to go out there on Staurday to buy a Sony three disc CD recorder. I will check out what they charge for an attic install.

Thanks for the tip.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.