Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YESSSSSSSSS!

"According to a blurb in the latest issue of "Video Business" magazine, Fox will be re-releasing the cult hit Napoleon Dynamite as new "special edition" DVD just in time for the holidays. Just what more they could add to the already stuffed current edition is beyond me. Enough already."

SWEET!!

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
I quit watching after fifteen minutes. Did someone on this forum make ND in an attempt to show how easy it is to make a movie and fail miserably? I thought Rushmore was bad, but ND was really bad. JMO, because I know a lot of you here love those two movies. Follywood.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Napoleon is one of those that you either get or dont get. The first time watching it you say 'This is the Dumbest movie ever!' But then the following week when you hear people quoting lines from it you have to chuckle to yourself. Then you get the urge to watch it again and then you laugh at it. After viewing #2 you finaly get it. It only pretends to be what it is - nothing more.

Flan

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Aliens, you have to watch it again, sorry to make you do it, but thats what we do around here to ND haters.

Every scene has a scrumptuous morsel of amusement.

I actually compare this movie to "School Of Rock", another movie where almost every scene stands on its own.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Yes, my wife and I did not like it.

So, at our daughter's insistence, we watched it again.

We both now own and wear "Vote For Pedro" T-Shirts. Need I say more?

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR_IN_LA
Aliens, you have to watch it again, sorry to make you do it, but thats what we do around here to ND haters.
Okay. When it comes on HBO, I'll get a buzz on and give it another chance. I was watching it with the wife, when we simultaneously looked at each other, and that was that. Yeah...that’s it; it was the wife’s fault.;) I thought about giving it another try before I took it back to BB, but quickly decided against it.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I just want to tell all of the thread participants that I have caught you each a delicious bass.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Quote:
...you have to watch it again, sorry to make you do it...
I'll do whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens
When it comes on HBO, I'll get a buzz on and give it another chance.
I’m giving that a second thought after seeing the previous posts. I can’t help but get flashbacks of ‘valley girl’ talk when I see those posts.:eek:

Gun to the head – set hammer - pull trigger.

EDIT: Sheesh, I had to replace ****, with set hammer. :eek:

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens
I’m giving that a second thought after seeing the previous posts. I can’t help but get flashbacks of ‘valley girl’ talk when I see those posts.:eek:

Gun to the head – set hammer - pull trigger.

EDIT: Sheesh, I had to replace ****, with set hammer. :eek:
Rooster discrimination!!

I bet it's because they have large talons.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies
.. and chatting with hot babes on the internet all day.
You pay the bills for that? Does that cost money every time you're on, like for minutes on the phone?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
When I watched it the first time, I was so-so on it. But, as mentioned, since then, I find myself laughing out loud every time someone reminds me of a scene. It's stealth comedy of some sort. BTW, Rushmore is one of the best films ever in my opinion. I completely get that film.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Quote:
The best movie of 2005 IMHO

..or was it 2004? :)
Make that 1984.;)

BTW- SHO has been running this, not HBO.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Stealth comedy - good one. Even though we loved it on the first try, we watched it again a few weeks ago and had deja vu all over again. For those of you that don't get it, give it another try and I'll make you a cake or soohmtheeng.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I think the movie is so unfunny with such uninteresting characters that have nothing of interest to say or do that it qualifies as one of those so bad that it can entertain films if you are in the right mood. I get it but don't think it is worth the effort to watch it a second time. It has gotten a pretty good following for some odd reason. For an idiotic movie that entertains, I much prefer Bubba Ho-tep.

Chris

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Chris its the little details that make ND a great flick, IMHO there is no better movie about the Americana I grew up with...

Just one example, watch how they eat.

It starts with the opening credits, which as they show various family fare that we grew up with.

LOL watch his older brother eyeing the Nachos while telling his brother he can't pick him up.

Watch them eat cheap steaks in the kitchen.

Look at the school lunches, with all that bland food we were given as kids.

glimpses of memories come flinting by in this movie ...

Theres the vehicles, the conversion van (My family had one), the school bus with those funky window latches ...

---------

Then theres tetherball ..

School dances ... how they really were.

School elections, how they were

Lol watch Deb completely freak out when Napoleon approaches her in the lunchroom.

I dont know, just lots of little stuff makes this movie

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.