AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any there is any narrower theater recliners than the 090 & 099 from Berkline. I like those recliners but they seem too wide for my 18x12 room. I had also read on this forum that Berkline was working on a narrower seat. Does anyone know the status on these?

P.S. I will be going to check out some recliners in the Atlanta area tomorrow, any suggestions will be useful.

Thanks in advance,

Tasp.

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
TASPVR,

The answer is yes. Acoustic Innovations for one has 21",24",and 26" seat widths with straight arms no arms or wedge arms. The wedge arms are wider allowing curved rows and come in two widths depending on the curve desired. AI seating isn't inexpensive however. See my HT link for pics or 21" seats with straight arms from AI.

Art

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
This guy has berklines in a 12ft wide room http://photos.yahoo.com/harleyman1340 although tight; it looks like it works fine. But then there could be a big difference in 12'4" and 11'8" room. I only point that out cause I may have the same width of room. But I may just get a set of 90's configured in a love seat for the front row and not try to jam three across.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
good question.......Berkline mentioned a narrower seat to me about 3 months ago....I recently called everyone at Berkline to figure out what happened..you would think I was speaking chinese.

The designer/draftsman etc....had nothing on his plate concerning a narrower seat..

However Berkline is introducing a theater type sectional which is very nice..

it has single arms that pull down..with cup holders in them....so it can be a sofa or a cinema recliner ...also comes with ottoman or corner piece.or chaise lounger on the end..and its very nice..it is available only in fabric and should be shipping starting end of June....

also can order it with a sleep sofa in it....which is a good idea for those multi purpose rooms in the lower level or even mid-level family room..

Regards,

JOHN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.