AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing a MASSIVE lip sync delay on the digital widescreen presentation of the NASCAR Nextel Cup race from Charlotte tonight? I'm getting about a 5 second delay on the audio, both on the DD and stereo streams. I'm getting it via WCMH (O&O) in Columbus OH. Problem via both TWC and OTA.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Same problem out of Kansas City as well

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This borders on unwatchable. For sporting events like this, since most of the action doesn't show anyone actually speaking, even a 1 or 2 second delay isn't exactly crucial, but this is absurd. Even the nationally-generated commercials are off.

Edit: I think the 5-second delay might be it as the analog feed isn't having any audio issues. Good observation.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah fixed because have dropped out of the widescreen. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
34 Posts
SD 4:3 on D* in LA. I'm clueless on why NBC would not broadcast this race in HD. The night race would look incredible in HD. Another miss cue for NBC. I just don't get it. Fox can show two MLB games today and tomarrow in HD and their normal schedule of NFL games in HD. CBS has NCAA football in HD today and NFL in HD tomarrow. What gives, what other "live" broadcasts does NBC have? Please NBC take a look at what your competitors are doing and follow their direction.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by g35david
SD 4:3 on D* in LA. I'm clueless on why NBC would not broadcast this race in HD. The night race would look incredible in HD. Another miss cue for NBC. I just don't get it. Fox can show two MLB games today and tomarrow in HD and their normal schedule of NFL games in HD. CBS has NCAA football in HD today and NFL in HD tomarrow. What gives, what other "live" broadcasts does NBC have? Please NBC take a look at what your competitors are doing and follow their direction.
This could be such a showcase for Nascar on HD...but when they can't show a downgraded signal and get the sound synched....someone dropped the ball.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Looks like another 25 minute yellow for a minor Crash. Nascar is getting out of hand with this.
I agree. It's probably the only way the broadcasters can show enough commercials to break even on the TV contract.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by icemannyr
I am guessing this was asked before but if they can show the Nascar races in widescreen why not HD?
Patience...next year will be here soon enough when most of the races will be in HD.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.