AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Channel 181 is now airing in Nashville, WSMV HD. Looks great, but I would trade it for EPSNHD any day.

·
Registered
564 Posts
WoW Leno looks Great!! I'm glad they finally got NBC on the air.

Welcome to the forum Kurt glad to see more members from Nashville. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Any of you Nashvillians know of any news concerning espn--hd, hdnet, or disc-hd through comcast, or is it still the canned "we are in negotiations"?

·
Registered
564 Posts
nothing new. But in the programming forum Ken said the will be an announcement soon, that was about a week ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone else noticed any problems with the WSMV HD feed on Comcast? I don't know if this is just my problem or not, but I've noticed that this channel seems to break up more than CBS or ABC.

I mostly notice the picture turning into large pixels for a brief second, and the audio tends to fade at certain moments. I was just curious if anyone else was noticing this, and if this was a WSMV or Comcast problem. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I'm having the same problems you are describing. I think it's a Comcast problem, but I'm not sure. Also, they had to replace my cable box with a new one, and the firmware is still 50.00. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Although I don't have Comcast, I have not been having any problems at all watching WSMV-DT using my outside antenna. So the problem must be with Comcast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Adam, thanks for the info. I was hoping someone watching OTA would respond. I guess Comcast has to work out the bugs in their system. I am going to call and complain tonight.

Ragged:

Have you noticed anything funny with your other HD channels? Sometimes the sound on my CBS station seems to get out of synch with the video. I emailed an engineer at CBS, and he said that they are noticing a slight delay in the lip synch. Mine seems to be alot worse than slight.

Also, why did they have to replace your box? I've been kind of curious if that would help some of the problems I've been having. I also get very bad lip synch on Fox (non-HD channel) during most of the Primetime shows. It's really off during American Idol. That is what has been leading me to think I need a new box. It must be screwed up somehow.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Well, all of my channels went blank and the guy couldn't fix it over the phone so he sent out a tech. He brought a new box and swapped it out with the one I had. The sounds does go out of sync at times with CBS, but not real bad. I really do not have problems with ABC and CBS HD feeds, only the NBC one. Hope they fix it soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just talked to Comcast last night, and they are going to send out a tech to see if my signal is fading on me. Hopefully this will help out the problem. If it gets any better after Sunday, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the update, let me know what the tech says... I am having similar issue's with NBC, it's nothing major, but it does not come in as good as ABC or CBS.

And I have the same situation with FOX, especially during American Idol.. The lip sync seems to be very distorted while watching on the PJ.

Trevor, are you having these issue's?? I know that you are on the northern side of Nashville, whereas I am just south of town off Nolensville Rd(in between 24 and 65 near Brentwood).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the update, let me know what the tech says... I am having similar issue's with NBC, it's nothing major, but it does not come in as good as ABC or CBS.

And I have the same situation with FOX, especially during American Idol.. The lip sync seems to be very distorted while watching on the PJ.

Trevor, are you having these issue's?? I know that you are on the northern side of Nashville, whereas I am just south of town off Nolensville Rd(in between 24 and 65 near Brentwood).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
note to self... wait for post to update before hitting "submit" again..:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm still having problems with NBC, channel will either say "please wait one minute" or something like that, or it will be blocky and distorted. Is it the box or is it Comcast?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.