AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my DST3000, and am loving HDNet. I just read that ABC went live today and CBS has been live for awhile now. Anyone here live in Frankl;in or south in Thompsons Station that can give me an antenna suggestion?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
You're pretty close to the transmitters. Any indoor antenna would probably work. I have had good luck with the Radio Shack Indoor BowTie Antenna. You can pick it up at your local Radio Shack for about $20.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in Franklin and tried 5 different antennas to get CBS. Go to Randolph and Rice in Nashville or Columbia and get the Channel Master(4221?) Double Bow Tie. Trust me, after a week of aggravation with antennas this one is the best.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hjohn is correct. CBS south of Nashville is hit or miss. A Brentwood poster pegs the needle with a bowtie while others about the same distance but with different terrain need a 10 foot yagi.

I initially tried the Channel Master 4-bay bowtie and ended up using the 8-bay version because of some hill problems. So, I've got a 4-bay for sale. Drop me a private message if you are interested.

Jon

·
Registered
87 Posts
I live 2.8 miles SW from the WKRN-DT antenna and can't get my panasonic tu-hds20 STB to receive the DT broadcast using a modified RS-DBT antenna on my roof. WTVF-DT which is 17.8 miles N comes in fine. Unfortunately my panny STB doesn't have a signal meter.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.