AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an unusual article in next Monday's Broadcasting & Cable . Seems like National Geographic Film Library is transferring 500+ hours worth of film-based nature programming to HD. I don't know the relationship between National Geographic Film Library and the National Geographic Channel on DirecTV, but this sounds like a good thing.

It looks like the customers for this HD footage will be museums and the like, not consumers directly. Still, the article makes the unusual point that West Wing is requesting National Geographic material in HD. Makes you wonder why, what with West Wing not being available in HDTV. Anyone care to venture a guess about this?:confused:

Jim

·
Registered
936 Posts
Curiouser and Curiouser. The thing to remember about HD is that many times we don't find out all the details until a few days before the season starts, so the current NBC announcement could well be only part of the story.

Mike

·
Registered
545 Posts
After the discovery channel, any one of the (many) providers that are known

to be stockpiling HD material are going to be candidates for rumors.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JimboG
Still, the article makes the unusual point that West Wing is requesting National Geographic material in HD. Makes you wonder why, what with West Wing not being available in HDTV. Anyone care to venture a guess about this?:confused:

Jim
These are topics I prefer not to waste time thinking about. If I recall correctly, there were some HD clips of movies shown at the Academy Awards. But the Academy Awards was not in HD. This is why I won't waste time speculating. NBC is NBC which means I don't expect much of anything in HD. I leave it at that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeKO
Curiouser and Curiouser. The thing to remember about HD is that many times we don't find out all the details until a few days before the season starts, so the current NBC announcement could well be only part of the story.

Mike
(With tongue in cheek, read the following:)

The story seems to be that any information about HD or HD programming is supposed to be kept secret from the public. Even TV listings are not allowed to notate HD. And, Never announce HD promotions on station breaks. (Don't tell anyone)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.