AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really good. John Rhys (Gimli) is narrator, and he has this great Shakesperian-sounding voice (before LOTR he did mostly stage acting). The special talks about historical situations in our world that mirrored some situations in middle-earth. They illustrate the historical events and people documentary style and also with visual reinactments as the narrator speaks. I hope they put it on the extended edition.

Btw, are there any easter eggs on the ROTK DVD?

Sean

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Seanster
John Rhys (Gimli) is narrator, and he has this great Shakesperian-sounding voice (before LOTR he did mostly stage acting).
He was best known in the film community anyway as Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I've seen he Raiders movies so many times, and I've never realized it was him. Man do I feel dumb right now.

Sean

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I love to watch JRD! Shogun was his breakout role - on the DVD extras Richard Chamberlain noted how JRD overwhelmed any scene he was in and how difficult it was to maintain his own presence in their scene together. Great actor, let's see more of him!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sean, no reason to feel dumb...

Here is something that blew my mind, did anyone pick up the E mag that BB was giving out with the purchase of ROTK? Christopher Lee is 82 for goodness sakes. He was an awfully bada$$ dark jedi for age 82.

I hope I look half as good and have 1/4 of the oration skills at his age.

Come to think of it, if I am still alive at 82 I would probably be thankful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.