Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Are there any CRT RPTVs that are currently in production that will display 720p natively?

Thanks in advance for any help;)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Even if the Faroudja was in production, I would build an HT room in the basement, import carved rose wood paneling from India for the theater walls, buy a FP, and take a vacation before I spend that much money on a TV :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
When you watch MNF which isin 720p for some reason this year it is just awesome, and my set is1080i. Given this is the case,that tells me all 720p can look awesome, and it is just a matter of the production. How it would look on a display doing it native would seem to split hairs as good as it looks on my CRT based 1080i set.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
You could just build your own with a front CRT, a mirror assembly and a screen.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Mr. P:

I did tihink of building my own, with a DLP FP that I have, and even found someone who was willing to give me their busted RPTV... for the mirror and screen assembly. However, it was in their basement and I didn't think I could get it out of there without using professional movers... so gave up on that idea and bought a WS48413 yesterday :D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Alexander
currently in production? NO
My point was that the price showed how unlikely it was that anyone would make one.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by doug_k
My point was that the price showed how unlikely it was that anyone would make one.
I guess I see the point you are trying to make but not really relevant. Panny had 720p support at affordable prices. Unfortunately, they decided to cut costs even more and compete with Toshiba rather than Mits, Hitachi, and Pioneer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.