Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dt_dc
Here's a question. How much more are you willing to pay for native 720p display support?
If I had to, up to about $700 more than the same set without native 720P. As I said, direct views last forever, so it would be a worth it to me.

But the price increase would be nothing like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Sampos being much more than comparable sets without native 720P...

Now how much more would you pay?

-Tim

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan420
What consumer-grade direct-view HDTV support native 720p?
Please review option # two in the poll.

Patients, my friend... ;)

-Tim

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Timwit
But the price increase would be nothing like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Sampos being much more than comparable sets without native 720P...

Now how much more would you pay?
About $200.

And again, when looking at the Sampo design ... you're comparing analog multisync to digital multisync. Very different deisgn considerations. Hmm, here's another way of looking at it. You like comparing HDTVs to analog multisync PC monitors ... how come we don't see any CRT PC monitors coming out with DVI-D inputs? They should just be able to slap one of those on right? They add them to digital HDTVs without increasing the price ...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dt_dc, your comments are interesting but superficial.

I'm not asking you to write an essay, but a link or two that could explain, in depth, what you're saying would be great!

Thank you for your responses

-Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.