AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Hope you are doing well
I currently have a pair of B&W CM10's which I power through a Peachtree Nova300. Like what I hear but could be better.
Now potentially I have the opportunity to buy a Nautilus 800. The speakers at 10 years old, decent condition and after some back and forth the seller is asking for 5000$.
Now I am no expert in this B&W800 speakers. I always considered them tooo expensive (still do) but I do know that there have been many variants of them Signature 800, Nautilus 800, Diamont etc etc.
Question is how different are they? And is it worth it to buy the Nautilus 800 for this price? I will have to drive 5 hours to go pick them up lol.
I will be using the speakers for Home theatre and Music.
Thank you in advance for your expert advice. Always appreciate it.
Regards
Fahad

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Hi All,
Hope you are doing well
I currently have a pair of B&W CM10's which I power through a Peachtree Nova300. Like what I hear but could be better.
Now potentially I have the opportunity to buy a Nautilus 800. The speakers at 10 years old, decent condition and after some back and forth the seller is asking for 5000$.
Now I am no expert in this B&W800 speakers. I always considered them tooo expensive (still do) but I do know that there have been many variants of them Signature 800, Nautilus 800, Diamont etc etc.
Question is how different are they? And is it worth it to buy the Nautilus 800 for this price? I will have to drive 5 hours to go pick them up lol.
Regards
Fahad
Ask the seller if he can give you an audition, (before you buy.) Just be aware that speakers sound different in different rooms. It is worth it to drive 5 hours to make sure the 800's are right for you, after all, $5000 is a lot of money.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Hi All,
Hope you are doing well
Regards
Fahad
What do you mean by "could be better"? Not enough bass? lack detail? Too bright?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask the seller if he can give you an audition, (before you buy.) Just be aware that speakers sound different in different rooms. It is worth it to drive 5 hours to make sure the 800's are right for you, after all, $5000 is a lot of money.
I do plan to demo them. It is aloooot of money but I was wondering if its a good deal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not at all. They just came up in my regular rsearch. What do you recommend for that money?
Ohhhh this is fun I love like all of us do making suggestions. I just woke up once my mind clears I'll jump back on here and give you some suggestions

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts