AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5250 i'd guess you could call it (5040 with 250 gig drive) and its great.

I was just wondering, is there any way to go directly to the top or bottom of the replay guide? I know the channel button jumps, but it is only marginally faster than the arrow buttons. I have over 160 shows recorded, with just about 50 hours free (i record tv at std quality and movies at medium)

I have the Phillips DVR universal remote (forget the model number, im not home now) Is there a way to do this?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I think '0' puts you at absolute bottom. Otherwise, I know of no other way. (I know you mentioned channel button jumps, but wasn't sure if you'd used '0').

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
The number keys let you jump through the Replay Guide listings.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WannabeSQ
I have a 5250 i'd guess you could call it (5040 with 250 gig drive) and its great.
I agree wholeheartedly...I have the exact same setup. :)

And eventhough I have things setup in seperate categories, some of them are still quite long and it does get tedious scrolling to the very bottom, then back to the top, then back again several times when sending shows out to people and whatnot. I'll have to try the number buttons when I get home from work.

·
Registered
427 Posts
To amplify what l8er said, the number keys work as they are labelled on a telephone, with some exceptions.

1 takes you to the top of the listings

2-9 take you to the first recording matching the first letter associated with that key on the telephone (2=ABC, 3=DEF...)

0 takes you to the bottom of the Replay Guide, which is usually recordings that are scheduled but do not have anything recorded currently.

I have not made use of the categories feature, but it could prove useful as collin points out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Also, if you press the jump key, it will take you up to the catagory tabs.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I find myself doing this:

To get to the "Recieved" tab:

Push ReplayGuide Button(bring it up)

Then I dont really think, I just make sure the remote is pointed straight and..

>Push Jump

>Push Right Arrow

>Push Down Arrow

>done

>optionally Push 1-0 button after that.

To get back to 'All Shows' from 'Recieved:

(obviously)

>Push Jump Button

>Push Left Arrow

>Push Down

I know some people do that anyway, but I find it usefull to think of them as unified sequences...saves time and brain-menu-pain.

Now that I use poopli, I find myself:

>Pushing channel guide button till menu goes away

>243-zones

>pushing 6 to bring up the network meter

>look

>push 6, 1

>done

I think of the whole thing as typing out two words:

The sequence to get me to see the network meter--typing out a long 7 letter word: ReplayGuide(typically twice), 2,4,3, Zones, 6. Then the second very short word (6, 1) to get back.

I repeated myself because its tricky to put these things into words

gotta be nimble

cow

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch, I appreciate the answers. I never even thought to use jump, or the numbers, this will help me a lot.

and I do use the categories, but i guess I got used to looking at "all shows" and not to mention that when i record something, I just hit the red record button, and it doesn't get categorized. I guess i should get better habits with setting recordings. Thanks again for all the help

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I'm using a 5xxx

The jump button is under the '7' button.

You can get to the tab button by pussing the up arrow many many times to get to the top of the shows, or you can push the 'jump' button to hop straight to the tabs. Or if the tabs are highlighted and push jump it will hop to the last show that was selected in that tab.

Another useful key sequence 'jump', right(or left)-arrow 'jump'.

cow

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It would be great if ReplayTV would allow me to sort shows by recording date and time. I find myself doing that all the time with DVArchive so I can see what shows have been recorded recently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.