AVS Forum banner

NBA 2K7 - "Official" Thread

1674 Views 26 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  talbain
In an attempt to get away from the Live 07 bashing... :D

Man, this game just gets better and better each time I play it! Finally starting to get a hang of the controls, more specifically calling plays and isomotion, and it's a blast. I find myself frequently going to replay when doing a spin/crossover followed by dunk/layup after calling an "quick screen" play on-the-fly :). And the player-specific shots and overall animation is outstanding.

For those that are basketball fans and have only given the demo a quick glance, give the game another shot (no pun intended) and some time to really learn everything...you won't regret it.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
I never really used the hop stop button in previous versions of 2K, but it just adds another dimension to the gameplay in this one. I have tried running plays and unless I do player lock, some of those plays are hard to execute right off. I will continue practicing though to get it right. This is the definitive b-ball sim.
Yeah, I'm still trying to get the hang of the jump stop...but it does work when used in the right situation.
Hay You mentioned about player lock, is it like NBA live series that you can choose 1 position and leave others for CPU?

how do you do that? I couldn't find any option that allow me to lock player.

Please help me, thank you.
I'm still learning the post up moves. So many things to do you can get caught up in the wow factor easily and get blown out. Especially if you try to much one on one rather then running your plays.
does anyone else experiece frame rate issues while using any of the overhead cameras? Especially the 2k camera? Want to know if its just me or a known problem. thanks
No but it looks horrible on my dlp samsung get lil sparlklies its only 360 game to do so.
Just played the demo over the weekend. Game looks fantastic (aside from Dirk's hair, lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolbi-Wan
does anyone else experiece frame rate issues while using any of the overhead cameras? Especially the 2k camera? Want to know if its just me or a known problem. thanks
Nope it runs smooth as ice.
Hey can we get a small sim league going here. I mean if there is a enough us here who like the game a small 10 man league or so would be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveMillionWays
Nope it runs smooth as ice.
haha..then i guess its just me cause my friends dont notice it either.
I like the game also. I love it actually HOWEVER the only thing I HATE is the "clutch" or "AI Comeback" that goes in effect when I play online. I use the Knicks and when it gets late in the 4th it's like there's a lid on the rim. Sickening in that I can have wide and I mean WIDE open guys bricking easy shots just so my opponent gets back in the game.
I will have to rent this one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
....HOWEVER the only thing I HATE is the "clutch" or "AI Comeback" that goes in effect when I play online. I use the Knicks and when it gets late in the 4th it's like there's a lid on the rim. Sickening in that I can have wide and I mean WIDE open guys bricking easy shots just so my opponent gets back in the game.
I hate computer assistance!!! There used to be a way to turn this off in previous 2k games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyfan
Hay You mentioned about player lock, is it like NBA live series that you can choose 1 position and leave others for CPU?

how do you do that? I couldn't find any option that allow me to lock player.

Please help me, thank you.
Pennyfan, don't know if you already have your answer. The following quote is from page 12 of the manual:

"By default, you always control the ball-handler on offense. However, new for NBA 2k7 is the Playerlock feature, which allows you to stay locked on just one position at a time. To use this feature, give the ball or switch to the position you wish to control, then turn Playerlock ON in the Gameplay Options menu. You will be locked on teh current player until you turn Playerlock back OFF."

I know you're playing the PS2 version. I don't, however, know if the above applies to that version.
See less See more
So how many of you guys have lost consecutive games and still saved your seasons to memory? I get beat down by the rockets and I have to admit having Yao totally domniate Ben Wallace turns my stomach. I'm so trading this guy as he is utterly worthless.
ruffnexx I tried it on PS2 2K7 and there is no such function.

I guess I can't lock player in this version.

but thank you anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyfan
ruffnexx I tried it on PS2 2K7 and there is no such function.

I guess I can't lock player in this version.

but thank you anyway.
Sorry about that then. I hope that doesn't turn you off from this great game.
Ok I've had this game for about a week and I have been playing the 24:7 mode and I like it. My biggest gripe is that rebounding on that mode is a PITA since I can not see the ball shadow that well and I often over run it or completly miss it giving the CPU the ball and an easy bucket every time.

Controlling the game is very smooth I think. This is the first basketball game I have really gotten into since Double Dribble. I think there is a nice learning curve to this game. Once I figured out how to do some of the special moves it made the game come alive more, especially on the playground. Defense I think is a joke in this game since it seems the CPU makes about 80% of their shots on 24:7 and that is with me usually in their face.

How do you do an Alley oop in that game? When I beat Steve Nash on 1on1 I thought it said you hit "Y" when a player is close to the hoop. Once I get done with the 24:7 mode I'll probably try and run a season with my beloved Suns. I'm the type of person though that just wants to play the game and not manage anything. ;)
See less See more
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.