AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the percentage of these games that are suppose to be offered in HD?

Also do any of you guys know good ways to get your provider to add more HD channels? Cox offers both ESPN2HD and TNTHD to some of there areas but unfortunately not in mine. I have sent several requests in the past but they always give me the run around and don't seem to be interested in adding any more channels in my area.

With so many games on these cable channels i would love to watch them in HD. In fact, even watching them in SD on these channels would be a huge improvement over the regular versions. TNT has one of the worst picture qualities of any of my current channels. I also was very upset with not being able to see Allstar weekend last year in HD.

I miss the old days when there were Lakers and Clippers games on almost everyday on KCAL 9 and UPN 13

I love cable.... but it shouldn't be taking away games from regular stations like ABC,NBC,CBS,KCAL,ETC... They should add the rare extra games that those stations cant broadcast. I guess I should just be happy getting to see any games. It wouldn't surprise me if all of the games moved to NBA league pass someday soon.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Every NBA game last year on TNT was in HD I think, but I have never seen one!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGuy
Every NBA game last year on TNT was in HD I think, but I have never seen one!!

One or two games on TNT HD weren't in HD since there was a blackout assume for the Boston games. It sucked!

I have no faith in ESPN HD for HD Games. Not many during the last season.

·
Registered
84 Posts
is nba league pass going to have an hd version. i see mlb offered some hd games and sunday ticket with direct has an hd version. any plans for nba league pass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As far as i know NBA games will only be broadcast on TNT and ESPN, not ESPN2. Unless your local cable carries these you're forced to go with Dish. They seem to be the only ones offering both TNT and ESPN in HD, DirectTV only offers ESPN currently. I'm also a Laker's fan and currently a Dish subscriber, however they will not lease their 942 HD dual tuner box to existing customers so you're forced to purchase them. They still seem to be the best option for NBA fans, you can get a nice deal if you're a new subscriber. I just wish KCAL would broadcast their games in HD so my OTA antenna could have some use this season. I am certainly not spending $500+ on a Dish box just to get HD. Charter cable would be an option in my area but they only offer ESPN in HD, no TNT yet.

·
Registered
399 Posts
luckily i get ESPN, TNT, NBA in HD on TWC... so being a huge basketball fan i am lucky.... but i am wondering what TWC will do with NBATV games in HD since they use the inHD 1 channel to show the NBA HD games instead of giving NBATV it's own HD channel. with all the HD games add to NBATV this year i hope i don't miss out on some of them due to this...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you think ESPN2 will pick up more games this year now that D* is picking it up it's HD channel? They really need to get more programming for ESPN and ESPN2HD, especially if they don't match the comcast deal for the NHL this year.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
NBA TV TO GO FULL-TIME HD IN FALL 2005 THROUGH FACILITIES OF TURNER BROADCASTING

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and the National Basketball Association have reached an agreement to have NBA TV's domestic and international channel and commercial integration operations originate from Turner's Atlanta network operations headquarters, it was announced today by NBA Entertainment President Adam Silver and TBS, Inc. Executive Vice President of Operations & Strategy Jim McCaffrey. Through the new arrangement, the NBA will distribute NBA TV in high-definition 24-hours a day beginning fall 2005.

The new arrangement between the longtime partners means that NBA TV program integration will be managed at Turner's network operations center and will be distributed both domestically and internationally. NBA TV programming is produced in its Secaucus, New Jersey facility, which houses all of the NBA's digital media initiatives, including the NBA.com Network of 60 web sites.

In addition to high-definition distribution, NBA TV will be distributed in standard-definition and international formats, and will include all state-of-the-art technologies available.

Now in their 21st year as partners, Turner Broadcasting and the NBA have maintained one of the longest on-going unions between a league and a television broadcaster in sports television history.

"This deal allows us to advance our equity stake in NBA TV, as well as to further our outstanding long-term partnership with the NBA," says McCaffrey. "It's an excellent way to advantage NBA TV through our exceptional infrastructure, benefits of scale and innovative use of technology that Turner is known for throughout the industry."

With this new arrangement, NBA TV joins an elite group of networks broadcasting full time in high-definition," says Silver. Turner Broadcasting, throughout its 21-year relationship with the NBA, has been dedicated to providing viewers with the highest quality presentation of our game, and this deal furthers that commitment.?

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news, entertainment and sports product around the world and a leading provider of programming to the basic cable industry.

NBA TV is available through 6 of the top 10 cable and satellite giants including Comcast, Time Warner, Cox Communications, Cablevision, DIRECTV and DISH Network. It can also be seen in 39 other countries, including France, Russia, Hong Kong, and throughout the Middle East. Launched in 1999, NBA TV is a fan's all-access channel for everything basketball offering exciting new technology (i.e., High-Definition, Video-on-Demand), more than 20 original series programs (i.e., NBA TV Insiders, Fantasy Hoops, Basketball International, Real Training Camp), more than 200 games -- NBA (50 in HD this season), WNBA, NBDL, Euroleague, Entertainers Basketball Classic -- exclusive coverage of major events (i.e., NBA All-Star, The Finals, NBA Draft), news from around the world of basketball, nightly highlights, top plays of the day, interviews with the game's insiders, plus real-time statistics and the latest fantasy basketball and video game news.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=567803

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.