AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's up on DirecTV in HD, and not blacked out in the Detroit area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They showed during the commercial break right before the game started. HDTV little clip of a Christina Aguilera song with her and tons of action shots in HDTV. Also, bravo to Lego for making a commercial that was widescreen-produced. It had been shown on Monday, but NBA TV was showing the commercials in a 4X3 window, so the Lego Commercial was squished. Tonight it looked fine. Albeit it was SD, but it's still nice to see advertisers producing in 16X9. And no, it wasn't one of those many many many letterboxed commercials. It was actually made for widescreen and NBA TV is showing all of their commercials full-screened tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
pic looks like crap to me,kinda blurry almost,not crisp.even worse than mondays game.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by telemundo65
the NBA all star game was 1080i from the SouthWest Mobile Unit, this game is 1080i, an All Mobile unit out of New York
Please refer to the article that I linked near the top of this thread. The All-Star game was produced in 1080i and shot in 720p.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Courtside, TNT relied on no less than eight Panasonic ultra-compact AK-HC900 HD box cameras. The progressive scan AK-HC900 boasts multiple frame-rate capabilities (60fps is best for HD) and employs three 1 million-pixel (1280-by-720) IT CCDs (charge-coupled devices). The 3.9-pound cameras were located in the announcers' booth and at the four corners of the court, capturing on-court, billboard, bumper and isolation shots for the telecast."

these cameras referted to in the article you referenced abougt were the little specialty cameras, the man coverage cameras were 1080i

·
Registered
469 Posts
This is what they need to be showing in the stores to show the difference between HD and regular Directv. I turned on FoxSportsNet to compare the HD image, I can't believe I could ever even watch that.

GO PISTONS

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm still seeing brief moments of blurriness.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I haven't seen much blurriness and IMHO, this production is much better than CBS' final four.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RLane
Does the scoreboard look better???

Overall PQ looks good to me, color is great, focus looks good.
scoreboard is not as blurry as monday`s game but it`s still not "sharp".

pic quality got a little better for me as game went on,maybe i needed to relax a little after a long day workin for the man ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
hobbs,

Thanks for the feedback, what type of TV are you viewing on?

For anyone else when you see the momentary blurryness is in on the players or the whole screen? I still haven;t seen it tonight.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.