AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MJ's last (so he says) home game ever will be in HD on DirecTV (198) and DISH (9425) tonight at 7PM ET.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
And dont forget Channel 172 on Comcast Cable in the DC Area...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi!

Two quick questions:

1) What format will this game be broadcast in (1080 or 720?)

2) Will this game feature Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
1080i and yes. Previouse games have been done in 5.1 sound. Later.

·
Registered
537 Posts
View these NBATV games if you find time. In my 3 years of viewing HD the LA/NY game (month or two ago) was the finest HD I have ever seen broadcast live. Looking forward to tonights game. Could care less about Basketball but the HD is so sharp and life like for these NBA broadcasts...

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
It was cool on Saturday night, the Wizards where wearing their old "Bullets" uniforms. I hope they do it again. It was cool seeing MJ in an old Bullet colors.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just turned the game on (pregame show) and the picture looks awesome. It's really about as clean a pic as I have seen for a basketball game in HD.

Take care.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Is anyone getting this on D*???

Getting "program not available" in my area (DC)

Tony

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mr b
Is anyone getting this on D*???

Getting "program not available" in my area (DC)

Tony
I am getting this on D* -- but I am in San Diego, CA. Perhaps you are getting blacked out in DC?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I am watching on D*. The picture is very impressive, but the audio mix is absolutely terrible. The crowd noise completely drowns out the announcers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm watching it on channel 198 and find the picture good, but not as good as the EA high school all star game I watch the other night on HDNet.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor
I am watching on D*. The picture is very impressive, but the audio mix is absolutely terrible. The crowd noise completely drowns out the announcers.
I am not using surround tonight; just using my TV's speakers. But I can tell that the crowd noise would be overwhelming on surround because it's pretty loud coming from the TV's speakers.

Take care.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks guys.

Oh well, looks like those in DC are screwed! Course we have glorious Comcast SD to fall back on.:mad:

Tony

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
This is pretty outrageous! The Knicks-Wizards game has been sold out for weeks as it is MJ's last home game and those of us who live in the home viewing area can't get the HD feed because we live here? If they're not blacking it out on 629, what sense does it make for D* to black out the HD feed to those few of us who have shelled out the bucks for an HD receiver?

Criminal!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Do you think this is something from Comcast so as not to undermine subscriptions of their digital cable service in your area?

·
Registered
191 Posts
It sounds good on a DD5.1 setup. The picture is the best HD quality I've ever seen in a B-ball game. I've seen a lot of of HD b-ball games and this one is right up there at the top when it comes to picture quality.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Adam,

What are you watching the game on (DirecTV, Comcast, Dish, etc)? I am watching on DirecTV with a DD5.1 system and it sounds atrocious. The announcers are barely audible -- it just sounds like some people muttering in the crowd or something.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm watching it on Directv. The audio is no way perfect, but I can hear all the announcers coming from the center channel just fine with the crowd noise on the left and right channel. If I listen to it through the TV stereo speakers, then the announcers voices are barely heard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.