·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of examples?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Most home "cable" games of the Nets and Knicks are available in HD. Unfortunately, they are only available to certain areas of Long Island Cablevision. The Nets are on Fox Sports Net New York, channel 39-1. The Knicks are on MSG, channel 38-1.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Excuse me if I'm not familiar much with cable (a sat. guy myself) :

How can you get HDTV via cable? does it cost extra/month? equipment? What stations?

thanks

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey 42, here are your answers:

Time Warner has their own GIANT dish network (I think) and sends the signal to homes all over Houston via RG6 coaxial cable.

I actually reduced my bill from $110+ with satellite and online access to $70 with cable and online access. The equipment (HDTV decoder, digital cable box) is only $4.95 per month and the picture is fantastic. I made the switch from DirecTV because all I really care about is sports and HDTV and cable offers much more of that here in Houston.

We get:

PBS

FOX

CBS

NBC

ABC

HBO

SHOWTIME

All in varying degrees of upconverted to HD programming. No external ant. or dish to worry about. I love it.

OUT

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good grief, I envy you. Its a real HD wasteland in Austin. Basically, its HBO, Showtime and if you are lucky CBS. Satellite service doesn't buy you much more HD (other than HDNET) because of the terrible waiver situation.

I'd kill for that kind of HD programming. --Karl

Quote:
Originally posted by McPatrickClan
Hey 42, here are your answers:

[...]

We get:

PBS

FOX

CBS

NBC

ABC

HBO

SHOWTIME

All in varying degrees of upconverted to HD programming. No external ant. or dish to worry about. I love it.

OUT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.