AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
HD & 5.1, not too shabby for preseason. Check out that studio!

One issue: Where are the NBA World Champion Detroit Pistons? Does the NBA really think the drama is more popular than the play?

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HELL YEAH...the studio shots looked awesome..just a little out of focus though

shots from atlanta are definitely HD..5.1 is also booming

great stuff..

ken, i think the viewers would much rather see Shaq in action than see the pistons hold someone to under 70 points..no offense to the pistons but the style of play is boring as hell

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Yes, the .1 is booming.

·
Registered
45,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rakesh.S

ken, i think the viewers would much rather see Shaq in action than see the pistons hold someone to under 70 points..no offense to the pistons but the style of play is boring as hell
This is one of the reasons why the NBA ratings are on the skids, and have been since MJ's departure; no understanding of how to market the product.

They've pounded away at pushing Shaq, and what has it got them? Nothing.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
This is one of the reasons why the NBA ratings are on the skids, and have been since MJ's departure; no understanding of how to market the product.

They've pounded away at pushing Shaq, and what has it got them? Nothing.
the ratings for the finals weren't so bad iirc

the product is actually doing just fine. you've got 1 billion more people watching and marketing opportunities/revenue opportunities in china certainly can't hurt

·
Registered
45,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rakesh.S
the ratings for the finals weren't so bad iirc
Were they watching Shaq, or to watch him & Kobe get beat?

·
Registered
45,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jagouar
Well lets get this a stickey, even the MLS series got their stickeys :)
Preseason? I don't think so. Maybe 3-4 years ago, but not now.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Quote:
Preseason? I don't think so. Maybe 3-4 years ago, but not now.
This is ATLEAST as big news as NBC being on D*, somebody actually does a decent job in the preseason games. ;)

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Were they watching Shaq, or to watch him & Kobe get beat?
Shaq and the lakers were the big bad wolf..especially with payton and malone also getting aboard to try to get a free ring

any time you see big franchises get beat, you're going to get people talking

just like the sox and the yanks

the belief before the finals was that people didn't care who played..well when the East started winning games, people wanted to see the big bad wolf go down

so it was a combination of both

i don't think quite the same number of people would be tuning in tonight if the pistons and spurs were playing..

also, regarding TNT, looks like they've got an HD cam on barkley now..and even shots of kobe arriving were in HD..amazing..

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
looks good for the most part-getting some pixelation during fast motion though.maybe the 2nd game will look a little better.

KEN-quit complaining and enjoy your championship!! ;)

laker fan-TWC-orange county,CA

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.