Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the press release:

The HDTV telecasts of the NBA on ABC and ESPN are sponsored by Philips and Best Buy.

ABC/ESPN HD NBA PLAYOFF SCHEDULE:

(Updated 5/24)

Sat. May 10, Conference Semifinal - Game 3, ESPN: SAC/DALLAS 9:30PM EDST

(Thanks, forecheck)

May 18, 1:30 p.m., Eastern Conference Final - Game 1, ABC - Not in HD

May 20, 8:00 p.m., Eastern Conference Final - Game 2, ESPN

May 22, 8:30 p.m., Eastern Conference Final - Game 3, ABC

May 24, 8:00 p.m., Eastern Conference Final - Game 4, ESPN

June 4, 8:00 p.m., NBA Finals - Game 1, ABC

June 6, 8:00 p.m., NBA Finals - Game 2, ABC

June 8, 8:00 p.m., NBA Finals - Game 3, ABC

June 11, 8:00 p.m., NBA Finals - Game 4, ABC

June 13, 8:00 p.m., NBA Finals - Game 5* , ABC

June 15, 8:00 p.m., NBA Finals - Game 6* , ABC

June 18, 8:00 p.m., NBA Finals - Game 7*, ABC

* if necessary

Schedule subject to change

·
Registered
690 Posts
Boy, it sure looks like alot, but reality is one semi-final and maybe four or five finals. I'll take it, though. Who is doing the Western finals???

Ken, you ready for that ESPN announcement yet???

·
Registered
323 Posts
TNT has the rights to the Bestern Conference finals, and I believe Ken said before, it is yet to be seen whether they will do a simultaneous HD feed like they did during the ALL STAR festivities.

-T

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Sony HD200 guide shows that the Laker/Minn. game today will be on the HD channel. Is this wrong? Should I set my tuner to 720P for ABC HD? It is set for 1080i but ABC does 720P and my GWII apparently converts to 768P. I am clueless as to what this means in terms of how I should set my tuner. Thanks

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rank amateur
My Sony HD200 guide shows that the Laker/Minn. game today will be on the HD channel. Is this wrong? Should I set my tuner to 720P for ABC HD? It is set for 1080i but ABC does 720P and my GWII apparently converts to 768P. I am clueless as to what this means in terms of how I should set my tuner. Thanks
It's an upconvert, so no HD.

To determine the best use of your hardware, you should try all the different options and pick the best one. In general, view programs in their native format.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LarsYouPutz
Theoretically=Yes

Reality= NO
Why? Because you can't get it? Talk about reality....

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
I wonder if NBATV HD will be showing these soon after. They've showed all the playoff games (regardless of network) during the daytime the following day for the last 2-3 years. Then they repeated the best games and the entire finals a few time after the championship was over.

I can dream...I think this one has a chance of coming true (if not immediately, at least after they playoffs are over).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Why? Because you can't get it? Talk about reality....
It's his reality. Thankfully, my reality is different. :D

I just got it Sat, Cox cable San Diego. They have about 1 HD event per day. I saw a White Sox game last night that was just awesome. I don't even like baseball. It was like a window in your livingroom onto the field.

But, 1 event a day? I know, they'll start picking up the pace over time.

When did people stop going to baseball games? Those stands were empty.

I'm not much of an NBA fan either, but I'll watch a game or two. The March Madness stuff a few months ago (CBS?) looked really good.

It's football that I'm waiting for. :cool:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This may sound dumb, but I'm a little confused as to how we're supposed to get an HD signal from the regular ESPN channel with Directv or any other service.

·
Registered
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lifter
This may sound dumb, but I'm a little confused as to how we're supposed to get an HD signal from the regular ESPN channel with Directv or any other service.
You can't get ESPN HD from a 'regular ESPN channel with Directv'. DirecTV and Dish Network do not carry ESPN HD at this time.

See the ESPN topic at the top of the page for where it's currently available, which is primarily select Cox & Insight cable systems.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by geekd

When did people stop going to baseball games? Those stands were empty.

:cool: [/b]
People haven't stopped going to baseball games, just White Sox games. For whatever reason, the White Sox can't draw flies here in Chicago, while the Cubs regularly pack the park. I guess it is just more fan friendly on the North Side.

This has been a problem with the White Sox for a few years, yet their supporters keep saying they are the "real fans" while the Cubs fans just go to the game to drink beer and have a good time.

Not sure if that makes any sense. I think that the White Sox just don't have enough "real fans".

Mike K.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Quote:
See the ESPN topic at the top of the page for where it's currently available, which is primarily select Cox & Insight cable systems.
Well I sure wish Insight would get ESPNHD in my area, though rumor has it they're working on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
ESPN Will have the Dallas/Sacramento Game 3 on Saturday in High Definition according to their promos during game 2 and also their website.
So, forecheck, any idea how we'll be able to get Game 3 in HD in the Sac area?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MTW1961
So, forecheck, any idea how we'll be able to get Game 3 in HD in the Sac area?
I can't think of any way anyone in Northern California will see this game in HD.

A super longshot would be to try to get KXTV to run the ESPN feed on their digital channel, since they are an ABC affiliate and also are the local Kings TV channel, and will be showing the game instead of ABC programming that night.

But you would have some major rights and commercial issues to work out. Maybe if KXTV was actually owned by ABC there might be a chance, but since they are just an affiliate, I just can't see it happening. But I will send them an e-mail just in case.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.