AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks pretty good to me. Polished production, too.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Pretty good to me also. But I do noticed jaggies on logos on the floor etc..

Not sure if it's part of the upconversion though.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
On my Samsung TS160/Panny 47" system - aka, a 720P-1080i cross-conversion - ESPNHD has always left me non-"wow'ed". I think some of it has to do with the compression from D*, but HDNet and Discovery HD look pretty awesome most the time. Closeups are really good, but regular "action shots" are rather... well, blah (by HD terms).

I think the HD on OTA ABC looks great most the time, so it can't just be a cross-conversion problem.

Game itself was ok. (Still wish ESPNHD would upgrade to DD 5.1).

·
Registered
551 Posts
The flip from ESPNHD to the local telecast of the game left me blinded! I think George Karl needs another coaching job, because as an analyst he's terrible. Game looked great.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
When do you think they will start taking advantage of the 16:9 frame? Also, do you think they will ever shrink and move the scoreboard more towards the corner. It is almost in the middle of the action.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Looked very good to me as well. Perhaps, though, there simply aren't as many HD cameras as SD cameras because it seemed like 80% of the action was from one camera at a relatively high, awkward angle. Could be, just the goofy layout of the Spurs arena - I don't watch many Spurs games.

Brian

·
Registered
286 Posts
Quote:
think George Karl needs another coaching job, because as an analyst he's terrible.
He is terrible as a coach as well. All of his players always end up hating him. Just ask the sonic fans as well as us bucks fans in milwaukee.

Actually now that I think about it I hope he does come back, because it will not be for the bucks.

smack

HD on the ESPN game still doesn't look as close to real life as HDnet games

and that is on my sammy 567(720p). So lets not go there......:D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stickyfingers
Looked very good to me as well. Perhaps, though, there simply aren't as many HD cameras as SD cameras because it seemed like 80% of the action was from one camera at a relatively high, awkward angle. Could be, just the goofy layout of the Spurs arena - I don't watch many Spurs games.

Brian
They played in Phoenix. One thing i have noticed is on Spurs games that Fox Sports HD telecast, the SD(which is all i get) is noticebly better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.