AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen much press or any threads around here regarding this,but there are street legends available for download on marketplace for NBA Street Homecourt.Characters like Stretch,Bonafide, and Takashi.No NBA legends though.


Now personally,I have issue with some of these microtransactions because these characters were unlockables in the original NBA street games 5 years ago,yet you have to pay for them in next-gen games that are already $10 more than the last gen to begin with.Anyway,just a heads up for you NBA street players.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts
Not sure what the issue is when you are comparing somthing from 5 years ago being added. No different then the throwback maps for Ghost Recon. The fact that the old school characters are updated with new moves and animation for the next-gen game then I don't see what the issue is. Especially when I picked up this game it didn't feel like I was missing somthing. It isn't half-ass. I don't see any difference in what you do here with games and micro transactions then you do with modding a car or putting tint on the windows. The option is there if you want it simple as that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/0


Not sure what the issue is when you are comparing somthing from 5 years ago being added. No different then the throwback maps for Ghost Recon. The fact that the old school characters are updated with new moves and animation for the next-gen game then I don't see what the issue is. Especially when I picked up this game it didn't feel like I was missing somthing. It isn't half-ass. I don't see any difference in what you do here with games and micro transactions then you do with modding a car or putting tint on the windows. The option is there if you want it simple as that.

My issue is I have little doubt that the characters could have been put in the game to begin with.Consider that these games are now $59,not $49 like before. In the last round,they were hidden characters that you unlocked for doing certain things in the game.Now,in this glorious new age of 'microtransactions',things that were in the older games as unlockables are now made available after the game's release for purchase.


To me,I see it as blatant nickel and diming the customer.If you have no problems paying for stuff that in my humble opinion should have been there originally,that's great.All these 'after release' extras I'm fairly certain,for the most part,are pre-calcuated ways to squeeze more money from the consumers.I doubt the makers of this game suddenly had a brainstorm one day after the game's release to add these characters.Every single NBA street game before it had them in already.And now,in 2007 in the downloadable content era,the latest game ships mysteriously with no unlockable characters,which were previously staples of the past THREE games .Now look,lo and behold three months later these same characters now pop up for purchase.Please......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw /forum/post/0


My issue is I have little doubt that the characters could have been put in the game to begin with.Consider that these games are now $59,not $49 like before. In the last round,they were hidden characters that you unlocked for doing certain things in the game.Now,in this glorious new age of 'microtransactions',things that were in the older games as unlockables are now made available after the game's release for purchase.

To me,I see it as blatant nickel and diming the customer.If you have no problems paying for stuff that in my humble opinion should have been there originally,that's great.All these 'after release' extras I'm fairly certain,for the most part,are pre-calcuated ways to squeeze more money from the consumers.I doubt the makers of this game suddenly had a brainstorm one day after the game's release to add these characters.Every single NBA street game before it had them in already.And now,in 2007,the latest game ships mysteriously with no unlockable characters.Now look,lo and behold three months later these same characters now pop up for purchase.Please......


Thats how it goes doesn't matter if you feel like it is nickel and diming if you don't buy which you have an option to do. Thats why it is called a choice.


Anyone else feel this way show them how you don't like it don't purchase it. You basically are saying you have an issue with choice, options, decisions. Everything is supposed to be the same as last gen or 10 years ago? Every company needs to look at each other and do the same thing? Write a letter to congress and let them know about the nickle and diming. That should work out better. We are 6 years into Xbox Live and things change and opinions are different and obviously it isn't a huge problem like you wanted to make a point while posting about new content. But hey we know where you stand now about microtransactions so next time you decide to post about new content we don't need to be reminded along with the news how you feel about microtransactions since you stated it here. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/0


Thats how it goes doesn't matter if you feel like it is nickel and diming if you don't buy which you have an option to do. Thats why it is called a choice.


Anyone else feel this way show them how you don't like it don't purchase it. You basically are saying you have an issue with choice, options, decisions. Everything is supposed to be the same as last gen or 10 years ago? Every company needs to look at each other and do the same thing? Write a letter to congress and let them know about the nickle and diming. That should work out better. We are 6 years into Xbox Live and things change and opinions are different and obviously it isn't a huge problem like you wanted to make a point while posting about new content. But hey we know where you stand now about microtransactions so next time you decide to post about new content we don't need to be reminded along with the news how you feel about microtransactions since you stated it here. Thanks

Why can't these characters be included in the original game?You're already paying more for the games than 5 years ago.Maybe you're a fan of paying more and getting less?This microtransaction system is fully exploiting the consumer.I don't understand why you don't think the characters should have been included in the game to begin with.NBA Street volume 2 was $49,and had every NBA legend and street legend as an unlockable.NBA Street Homecourt is $59,and you have to pay about $5 for a few token players,making the game approx $65.Hey,whatever floats your boat,pal.


If you don't like my opinions,feel free to not answer my post.Just as you know my feelings on the issue,I know yours.You got your view,and I got mine.Have a nice day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw /forum/post/0


Why can't these characters be included in the original game?You're already paying more for the games than 5 years ago.Maybe you're a fan of paying more and getting less?This microtransaction system is fully exploiting the consumer.I don't understand why you don't think the characters should have been included in the game to begin with.NBA Street volume 2 was $49,and had every NBA legend and street legend as an unlockable.NBA Street Homecourt is $59,and you have to pay about $5 for a few token players,making the game approx $65.Hey,whatever floats your boat,pal.


If you don't like my opinions,feel free to not answer my post.Just as you know my feelings on the issue,I know yours.You got your view,and I got mine.Have a nice day.


No different then buying the Madden game each year with tiny updates but you have a choice to buy. Whats funny is why are you concerned about what companies do and what other people dicide to do with their money towards these companies? They are doing it obviously because a market is there for them to make some extra money. If 500 people waited to buy a 360 or PS3 because of this game and it is their favorite game on the console that is 500 possible buyers who will enjoy downloading the throwback characters from 5 years ago. Nothing new here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/0


No different then buying the Madden game each year with tiny updates but you have a choice to buy. Whats funny is why are you concerned about what companies do and what other people dicide to do with their money towards these companies? They are doing it obviously because a market is there for them to make some extra money. If 500 people waited to buy a 360 or PS3 because of this game and it is their favorite game on the console that is 500 possible buyers who will enjoy downloading the throwback characters from 5 years ago. Nothing new here.

Why are you so concerned about how I feel about the issue?I could care less how you or others spend your money.I only worry about getting value for MY money.The primary purpose of the thread was a heads up to the NBA street players.Now yes,I did add my little 2 cents,but look,it's how I feel.You're not gonna change my perspective,so going back and forth about it is pointless.We have different opinions on the subject.Nothing new there either.If you have no issue buying those characters,great and enjoy them.I do have issue with it.Life goes on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw /forum/post/0


Why are you so concerned about how I feel about the issue?I could care less how you or others spend your money.I only worry about getting value for MY money.The primary purpose of the thread was a heads up to the NBA street players.Now yes,I did add my little 2 cents,but look,it's how I feel.You're not gonna change my perspective,so going back and forth about it is pointless.We have different opinions on the subject.Nothing new there either.If you have no issue buying those characters,great and enjoy them.I do have issue with it.Life goes on.


Exactly why bother mentioning to anyone your issue about microtransactions. Was the thread about the new content or your personal feeling about micro transactions. You started this thread you put what you put in the post and you have an issue with me responding about what you posted here?


Who said I was here to change your perspective. By the way it is a forum so you have control on what you post here just like everyone else.


It is funny you have issues with micro transactions yet you make a thread about the extra content
Hey whatever floats your boat Sparky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
I don't mind paying for extra content like maps and levels. But I don't want to pay for stuff that would have been part of a cheat code or something I would be able to unlock in the course of a game. Unlocking money in a game aka The Godfather was just plain ignorant of the game publisher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/0


Exactly why bother mentioning to anyone your issue about microtransactions. Was the thread about the new content or your personal feeling about micro transactions. You started this thread you put what you put in the post and you have an issue with me responding about what you posted here?


Who said I was here to change your perspective. By the way it is a forum so you have control on what you post here just like everyone else.


It is funny you have issues with micro transactions yet you make a thread about the extra content
Hey whatever floats your boat Sparky

The thread was about the new content available.Check out the thread title if you didn't notice.I just happened to post my personal feelings about microtransactions as well.Is that a problem for you?


I don't take issue with your initial response.I just fail to see what is to be gained by discussing it over several posts as it's obvious we don't see eye to eye on the issue and won't be able to have an objective conversation on it.


My initial purpose for making the thread was to discuss the new content.I've not seen it discussed anywhere else or even advertised on some of the gaming sites I visit.I just happened to think about the issue as I was making the thread.Even still,so what if I did make a thread discussing specifically my issues with microtransactions? Am I not allowed to discuss things I take issue with?It's no different from other threads I've seen around here that people create to discuss any issues they may have.You seem to have taken it personally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton /forum/post/0


I don't mind paying for extra content like maps and levels. But I don't want to pay for stuff that would have been part of a cheat code or something I would be able to unlock in the course of a game. Unlocking money in a game aka The Godfather was just plain ignorant of the game publisher.

Exactly,considering that the first three NBA Street games all featured hidden characters that could be unlocked by playing through the game.I just see a rather disturbing pattern developing in the future where developers intentionally hold back on content that could have very easily been put in the original game,for the sole purpose of selling said content later via downloads.If the first games had the extra characters in there,there's no reason to believe that they couldn't have been included in Homecourt from the outset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts
Your still talking about it? Damn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Because I had to go somewhere.Sorry I couldn't dedicate the day to discussing my opinion with you.I see you couldn't stop yourself from putting two more cents in while I was gone.Now,if you'll excuse me,I have to go to work.I'm sure when I get back you'll have more words of wisdom for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
As long as they don't charge for stuff that is necessary to play the game, I don't mind DLC. If it becomes blatantly obvious that the retail game is short stuff just so they can do DLC, that is bad. Being able to use classic characters in a game is totally unnecessary for me to play a game.


I just read that MotorStorm on the PS3 has premium DLC coming. This is a game that every review said was an unfinished game. It had limited tracks and only one mode. Now they are going to "finish" the game and charge us for it. That I find to be a bunch of crap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
I must be in the minority, I love DLC for my games in just about any form. (Horse Armor excluded of course
) Throwback maps for GRAW... love em, New maps for Lost Planet... Awesome, new levels and map for Battlestations Midway...saweet, Redone maps for Halo 2... Wow. Nothing like putting some new content out to refresh a game that I still like and giving the developers and publishers a little financial boost so they will keep on doing what makes me so happy. It's usually about the price of a good cup of coffee... and I don't even drink coffee, so there's my DLC money right there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
This thread actually inspired me to check the ebay prices of this game---they're fairly low---around $25 with shipping included. I doubt I'll pay for downloads though--I've gotten tired of it to be honest with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by b11051973 /forum/post/0


I just read that MotorStorm on the PS3 has premium DLC coming. This is a game that every review said was an unfinished game. It had limited tracks and only one mode. Now they are going to "finish" the game and charge us for it. That I find to be a bunch of crap.

This is the kind of thing I'm referring to and which I hope does not become a trend....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw /forum/post/0


I haven't seen much press or any threads around here regarding this,but there are street legends available for download on marketplace for NBA Street Homecourt.Characters like Stretch,Bonafide, and Takashi.No NBA legends though.


Now personally,I have issue with some of these microtransactions because these characters were unlockables in the original NBA street games 5 years ago,yet you have to pay for them in next-gen games that are already $10 more than the last gen to begin with.Anyway,just a heads up for you NBA street players.....

even though i really think the ps3 sucks right now, this is the very reason i hope to god ms ends up in last place this gen. they will micro transact and nickel and dime us to death. from paying for online, to paying for maps for games that devs wanted to give away for free. im hoping sony dont go down this route, but whenever i see this i get upset. as much as possible, i try not to buy games that do that, but it's hard because you wont know sometimes until months after it happens.


ive been playing the godfather game, and you can hire hitmen to help you take out other families, and you have to actually pay real money to get some of the hitmen. also to get the more power weapons in the game, you have to pay for those too. im waiting for the day when we're gonna have to pay play the last boss in the game.


i would say **** ms, but right now, theyre the only choice for a good next-gen experience
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle /forum/post/0


even though i really think the ps3 sucks right now, this is the very reason i hope to god ms ends up in last place this gen. they will micro transact and nickel and dime us to death. from paying for online, to paying for maps for games that devs wanted to give away for free. im hoping sony dont go down this route, but whenever i see this i get upset. as much as possible, i try not to buy games that do that, but it's hard because you wont know sometimes until months after it happens.


ive been playing the godfather game, and you can hire hitmen to help you take out other families, and you have to actually pay real money to get some of the hitmen. also to get the more power weapons in the game, you have to pay for those too. im waiting for the day when we're gonna have to pay play the last boss in the game.


i would say **** ms, but right now, theyre the only choice for a good next-gen experience

I agree to a large extent. I'm hoping to cancel my gold account when the only games I want to play online are available on PSN. I'm an old PC gamer, so its hard for me to understand paying just to play online. I do however enjoy the other things MS offers, such as great arcade games and movies.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top