AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have a problem wit the scoring banner across the top of the screen being half way off of the top?

nab.tv is channel 84..

I watching on a Sony GWII.

Wondering if picture needs to be adjusted through the service menu..

Looks OK on regular SD local channel..

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've noticed it on every Mav's telecast on D*84, with the amount cut varying game by game. I was told "my over scan is off", but i've seen this happen no where else. Just caught the end of tonight's game, and was glad to see the sound was working tonight.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Don't think it is our TV's. Mine was barely showing the score bar.

My wife was razzing me about this. "Great spend $2k plus for a TV and set top box and you can't see the score."

Like bgmac said, atleast we had sound tonight. I just love the thunk of the ball hitting off of the rim through my HT system. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been calling D* to complain about the sound and/or picture every time there's a problem. This probably isn't a news flash, but their CSRs are totally clueless! Every time I have to explain that they do in fact carry programming on Ch 84, that I don't need to reset my receiver, and that my TV's aspect ratio is fine.

Last Friday I finally got to a second tier rep and he said he noticed the same audio/picture problems when he was just watching the channel. Of course, he waited until someone called the problems in before he bothered to write up a ticket.

I may go nuts doing it, but I am determined to make them get this right. We pay too much money for them not to.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Keep us posted on your progress, and thanks for calling them. I just don't want to waste my time calling a clueless CSR.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Quick question. Are ALL of the Mavs games broadcast on Channel 84?

I know their last 2 games have been(only had my D* HD since Saturday).

·
Registered
877 Posts
Anyone know when the next Mavs game will be shown in HD on D* 84??

I have been hoping to see them in HD again since it is so awesome, but they haven't shown the last 3 games.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone else have audio dropouts last night? Seemed to happen every five minutes or so.

I also noticed that I could barely hear that announcers through the center channel.

Of course, the video sizing issue still looks like it is "being worked."

·
Registered
877 Posts
Same issues here.

At least we could somewhat see what the score was this game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.