AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lucky enough to get the NBA TV feed on TWC here in San Antonio. Wow!!!! I did note that the first game I saw had all of the commercials in 16:9 format which was GREAT on my Plasma. The next showing 2 days later; however, had all of the commercials in 4:3 format. Since it is obviously possible to broadcast the commercials in 16:9 format, why are they not all broadcast this way???

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by khall
I have been lucky enough to get the NBA TV feed on TWC here in San Antonio. Wow!!!! I did note that the first game I saw had all of the commercials in 16:9 format which was GREAT on my Plasma. The next showing 2 days later; however, had all of the commercials in 4:3 format. Since it is obviously possible to broadcast the commercials in 16:9 format, why are they not all broadcast this way???
I saw that too, however I'm pretty sure it was simply stretched. One guy said that the LEGO commercial was true 16x9 however I have my doubts. It would be nice that it all filled the screen, however I think it's best to keep the commercials at OAR.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I understand that OAR is preferrable in most instances. I guess I am interested in the technical part of it. Was it possible to make the commercials 16:9 format because even the commercials were controlled by the station broadcasting NBA TV, while the local OTA stations switch from network feed to local feed for commercials? Could the local stations also "flip a switch" and change the aspect ratio? Just curious!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thebarnman
I saw that too, however I'm pretty sure it was simply stretched. One guy said that the LEGO commercial was true 16x9 however I have my doubts. It would be nice that it all filled the screen, however I think it's best to keep the commercials at OAR.
The Lego commercial WAS 16X9 SD. It seemed to have been produced for that channel, because it was widescreened, and an ad about an NBA Lego game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.